Skip to main content

Heartless Twits

Start of the fasting month...well, it went well but im like..gosh, why must the time be quite late before I can break fast?! Yes, Im very the impatient person..haha.

It's also the time of the month where I am able to 'cheat' a bit in terms of the food that I avoid coz of health reasons and if I ever get to eat them, it's only a teensy eensy bit for the 'taste' factor. Then now, come to think of it, I want me Cheese Hotdogs!! Although I still avoid dishes with coconut milk. I dunno...the idea of seeing coconut milk mixed in with oily dishes just dont do it for me *shudders*

Anyway I hope in this holy month, people take a good look at their lives and make changes that will make a difference in theirs as well as ours. It really makes me sad that heartless people still exist and worse, they show their heartlessness towards their own family members such as their parents. The society may have moved forward but unfortunately, they only think about themselves with their 'me first' mentality which is sad because in life, many of us cannot be where we are right now if not for the help of some people. Their parents' sacrifice for them and how they work so hard to bring them up..nothing can replace that. And then, when they become successful or have their own families, they see their old parents as a big burden on their shoulders because to them, they have their own personal or family problems to deal with already.

These people are what you call...ungrateful twits. Their existence on earth is nothing to be proud of even if they are leading a comfortable life or contribute to the society. Some of them are worse off in the sense that they are willing to drag their parents to court just so that they can scrape whatever riches their parents have like money or properties for their own personal gain.

I hope in future, people like this will have a taste of their medicine when their own children will give them hell later in their senior years. Unbelievable. But this is what you call the undesirable side of humanity.

But Im glad to know that the media is doing their best to highlight this ugly trend to educate the public in regards to the unfair treatment towards their own parents. Im also glad the government is doing something to help these seniors cope in their twilight years especially when their health do not permit them to work and yet they have to foot their own medical bills and other bills as well if they are not being looked after. And then there are kind souls as well who commit their time, energy and even money to help these people even though they are not related. They did it out of sincerity and not because they have to.

It's never too late to change. We can be a better person even if we start doing something small but in the long run, it will bring meaning to life which is not equated to just monetary gains. It's called enriching one's soul and it will give us a good feeling especially if we have lost a bit of direction in life and want to start afresh. Helping others in times of their need is a good start. If other people see this and learn from it, they help to pay it forward by being kind to others and hopefully, the world will be a better place to live in.


I know parents can be a little bit hard to understand and they may also find it hard to understand us as well. They are after all still humans and we all make mistakes no matter what roles we play. The important thing is that we learn from our mistakes in any aspects from our lives before it's too late and there is no turning back.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...