Long Weekend, A Little Rambling & My Lack of Gratitude

The day I discover IG filters


It's almost mid week to August..argh. I am in the midst of a long weekend, which sadly will come to end by tonight. Just did some cleaning up of my room like throwing many things away because someone is going to come and fix the fibre box or something. So I need to get rid of a lot of junks. 

At the same time, I am also catching up on orders. As I am typing this, I was rather cheesed off with one of the buyers but I also try not to lose it and act calmly because I don't think it will solve the matter. Speaking of which, there is no resolve in it as I don't want to trouble myself with posting the item as the person herself is not making any effort to pick up the item even though it has been days including the long weekend. There is always some darn excuse and because of that, I don't want to go to the post office, even though I could, just to make up for her tardiness.

But as I always tell myself, life's like that, and there is someone else who will appreciate the efforts and make the time to meet and collect the item. I am not so hard up with cash that I die die must give the item to them and take the cash. It's just beyond me how they can keep asking and then when it's ready for collection, oh okay, I take my time. Honestly, it's a little unfair to me because I have others whom I need to finish earlier but coz of the pressure, I had to finish these people's ones earlier and then end up they either delay the collection or worse, not collect at all.

Simply not cool.

Anyway, enough of ranting. I actually want to talk about how I am lacking in gratitude nowadays which may or may not contribute to such sad situations as per above. This small humble online business of mine allows me to earn some pocket money each week, and I notice that for every amount I collect, I say thanks to them but not thanking the person who makes it happen aka God. My only concern was what do I do with this money I receive. Do I deposit it and accumulate the amount or spend it on the fam? 

I am also simply rushing through things and one time, almost had an anxiety attack because I had to complete 3 boxes by that morning. See that's the thing. I try to plan and then people respond late and I already said I can do it by a certain date. But this would add on to the confirmed orders from people who responded earlier. 

When I rush things, I tend to do it with a lack of passion. I don't enjoy the process because every second passing by was causing me anxiety as I might not be able to complete in time as I had to also prepare myself to go to work. 

So I decided to slow down and take in orders within my capacity. If I can't do it within the time frame they give, I tell them. Of course there will be those who will beg, and I know this is possibly coz my items are more affordably priced, but I have to be fair to those who had ordered earlier. 

Here's the thing too. Because of the overwhelming requests, I forgot to say gratitude again for the orders that will allow me to earn some cash. I would be like..oh no...one more query come in, how am I going to cope. But thankfully, here is most likely the only area I need to work on my gratitude.

For others, I am grateful that I am still able to enjoy my life doing some other things that I enjoy such as being able to groove to Zumba and getting better at it. If not, I just try to wing it especially with the new song routines, lol. Nobody really notices coz we are all struggling. Also, same as Strong by Zumba, which I never thought I could actually last coz every workout session is very intense. I will be enjoying a quick one minute break and then go into the same jumping and lunging routine again for the next quadrant, lol. 

I say my gratitude that no matter how tiring each session was, my body was able to take on the stress as it is fit enough to do those moves. It didn't matter that I may be bigger in built than the rest, or weigh more, point is..I still can do it.

Work wise, I am in good company where I have someone to rant about and have lunch which I am grateful about so I don't feel so lonely. I also have a good understanding lead manager, unlike my previous one, where no matter how much people praise her, there are times where I feel she exercised her control too much on her people. Look, I don't have to work for her and yet I am still doing her quarterly report coz she feels her people are too 'busy'. But I still feel grateful that my brain allows me to use the excel formulas so that I can finish the reports faster and get it over and done with. No matter how many times she asked me to re-do coz of her impatience with the student health unit who keeps sending amended copies as she kept chasing them.

Everyone has their own versions and different things they are grateful. Sometimes, it is out of experience such as the hardship they went through previously which makes them grateful for the kind of life they have right now. I once watched a video of a single mum of two who used to struggle with her debts but one day, after sitting down watching other you tubers takling their own debts, it inspired her to take action and make things right to regain back her sanity and for the sake of her children. So while she managed to clear her debt, she makes it a priority to lead a simple but grateful life as she didn't want to go back that life again and to save up for a better future. 

We only have one life and we are the driver behind the steering wheel so it is up to us, and having faith in God that things will get better when it's not being that good. At the same time, being grateful for the things and people that we have but often forget about as we are too caught up with life's problems and people's expectations of us. 

Let us be more positive in life and strive to be a better person each day :)





Comments

Popular Posts