Skip to main content

Long Weekend, A Little Rambling & My Lack of Gratitude

The day I discover IG filters


It's almost mid week to August..argh. I am in the midst of a long weekend, which sadly will come to end by tonight. Just did some cleaning up of my room like throwing many things away because someone is going to come and fix the fibre box or something. So I need to get rid of a lot of junks. 

At the same time, I am also catching up on orders. As I am typing this, I was rather cheesed off with one of the buyers but I also try not to lose it and act calmly because I don't think it will solve the matter. Speaking of which, there is no resolve in it as I don't want to trouble myself with posting the item as the person herself is not making any effort to pick up the item even though it has been days including the long weekend. There is always some darn excuse and because of that, I don't want to go to the post office, even though I could, just to make up for her tardiness.

But as I always tell myself, life's like that, and there is someone else who will appreciate the efforts and make the time to meet and collect the item. I am not so hard up with cash that I die die must give the item to them and take the cash. It's just beyond me how they can keep asking and then when it's ready for collection, oh okay, I take my time. Honestly, it's a little unfair to me because I have others whom I need to finish earlier but coz of the pressure, I had to finish these people's ones earlier and then end up they either delay the collection or worse, not collect at all.

Simply not cool.

Anyway, enough of ranting. I actually want to talk about how I am lacking in gratitude nowadays which may or may not contribute to such sad situations as per above. This small humble online business of mine allows me to earn some pocket money each week, and I notice that for every amount I collect, I say thanks to them but not thanking the person who makes it happen aka God. My only concern was what do I do with this money I receive. Do I deposit it and accumulate the amount or spend it on the fam? 

I am also simply rushing through things and one time, almost had an anxiety attack because I had to complete 3 boxes by that morning. See that's the thing. I try to plan and then people respond late and I already said I can do it by a certain date. But this would add on to the confirmed orders from people who responded earlier. 

When I rush things, I tend to do it with a lack of passion. I don't enjoy the process because every second passing by was causing me anxiety as I might not be able to complete in time as I had to also prepare myself to go to work. 

So I decided to slow down and take in orders within my capacity. If I can't do it within the time frame they give, I tell them. Of course there will be those who will beg, and I know this is possibly coz my items are more affordably priced, but I have to be fair to those who had ordered earlier. 

Here's the thing too. Because of the overwhelming requests, I forgot to say gratitude again for the orders that will allow me to earn some cash. I would be like..oh no...one more query come in, how am I going to cope. But thankfully, here is most likely the only area I need to work on my gratitude.

For others, I am grateful that I am still able to enjoy my life doing some other things that I enjoy such as being able to groove to Zumba and getting better at it. If not, I just try to wing it especially with the new song routines, lol. Nobody really notices coz we are all struggling. Also, same as Strong by Zumba, which I never thought I could actually last coz every workout session is very intense. I will be enjoying a quick one minute break and then go into the same jumping and lunging routine again for the next quadrant, lol. 

I say my gratitude that no matter how tiring each session was, my body was able to take on the stress as it is fit enough to do those moves. It didn't matter that I may be bigger in built than the rest, or weigh more, point is..I still can do it.

Work wise, I am in good company where I have someone to rant about and have lunch which I am grateful about so I don't feel so lonely. I also have a good understanding lead manager, unlike my previous one, where no matter how much people praise her, there are times where I feel she exercised her control too much on her people. Look, I don't have to work for her and yet I am still doing her quarterly report coz she feels her people are too 'busy'. But I still feel grateful that my brain allows me to use the excel formulas so that I can finish the reports faster and get it over and done with. No matter how many times she asked me to re-do coz of her impatience with the student health unit who keeps sending amended copies as she kept chasing them.

Everyone has their own versions and different things they are grateful. Sometimes, it is out of experience such as the hardship they went through previously which makes them grateful for the kind of life they have right now. I once watched a video of a single mum of two who used to struggle with her debts but one day, after sitting down watching other you tubers takling their own debts, it inspired her to take action and make things right to regain back her sanity and for the sake of her children. So while she managed to clear her debt, she makes it a priority to lead a simple but grateful life as she didn't want to go back that life again and to save up for a better future. 

We only have one life and we are the driver behind the steering wheel so it is up to us, and having faith in God that things will get better when it's not being that good. At the same time, being grateful for the things and people that we have but often forget about as we are too caught up with life's problems and people's expectations of us. 

Let us be more positive in life and strive to be a better person each day :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...