Being Lost in Fantasy Versus The Actual Reality

Many of us like to get lost in the land of fantasy, whether dreaming about it, reading fiction stories and watching dramas or movies. I personally like to dream or watch dramas..well, not all dramas, but usually those that spark my interest and then I can totally get myself lost and immersed in the storylines.

I also liked those storylines where after several obstacles, everything seemed to work out in the end. And I start to dream and fantasise about how wonderful it would be if this were to happen to me in reality.

But the truth is, in reality, things may not go as planned or as well as we want it to be. I got myself into a mess several times, and one that is pretty big at the moment, I don't really know how to totally get out if it. I can certainly try to claw my way out slowly and as soon as possible, perhaps with a little help, so that I can carry on my life as per normal.


In the midst of all this mind chaos, I do think about what have I done wrong in life. Or maybe in my past life too. Did I do bad things in the past or in the present moment too that I am denied to experience the good things life has to offer. Is it that I am lacking of gratitude of the many things that I have which I ought to be grateful for? Am I too caught up with my vision of a perfect life that I refuse to accept the harsh realities of life?

My fantasy life is perhaps fuelled by what I see online and even though they're merely storylines, and they're just people like us in real. Maybe with just a little bit more star power, I guess, haha. There was a video interview done street style about how obsessed people can be with these dramas. I guess one of the commenters spoke the truth when she said that she loved K dramas because she got to be immersed in them and forget about real life which can be depressing and once it has ended, she quickly got immersed in another one just to get out of the current funk.

Is our lives in general is getting too complicated or difficult that it is ok to live in a world of fantasy? Honestly, it can be a matter of separating what is real and what is fantasy and not to be too caught up with the latter. Because in reality, we have people to love, even if well..maybe our spouse may not have the looks and the bod of the lead character, haha..but he can be so endearing, kind and caring and that matters more, right? And then friendships forged over the years that remain strong or become stronger and having those friends support you during your difficult times and treasuring the friendship.

Whatever the circumstances, the reality is here to stay and we can choose to give ourselves a happy ending or at least a glimmer of hope that life is worth living and that not everybody has a chance to be in our situation which can be far better than theirs in so many ways. I don't think it's wrong to fantasise what our life would be because it may not be like how we envisioned it to be in the end but it can be pretty close to what we want it to be. Through sheer hard work and dedication and also a positive mindset that some things can be done to make our lives better, I believe I can forge a road that I can be proud of someday, never mind if there is no prince charming to sweep me off my feet :)

Comments

Popular Posts