Being Nearly Broke

Last week, I was not doing well financially to a point I felt like I have lost everything. It was difficult for me to come to grips with what could have gone wrong because I felt that last few months I managed to get it all together. Sure it was not perfect and there were some highs and lows. But to get to that position, I feel like such a freaking loser and there’s nothing I can do much about it. But what kept me going is knowing that life goes on and to take each day one at a time. I try my best to earn some money here and there from my little side business and instead of saving the money in full, I had to resort to using them to pay for food and other expenses to keep the family going. I don’t try to think too much about it because I just have to keep moving and not feeling sorry or depressed. Sure I can’t help feeling low but I just need to trust in God and pray to Him to ease this challenging situation.

There are times I feel certain things that happen in our life is to make us re-think our way of life and forcing us to make changes or sacrifices. Yes it does suck and that it fees like everything is falling apart. But slowly but surely, we have to come to terms with it. And living in the NOW. What can you do right now to make things more bearable. I know if I can focus on those small wins, it’s easier to cope with life’s challenges. At the same time, it gives me hope to rebuild my life, and trying my best not to face the same situation again.

Also I feel that not thinking too much about it helps to make it more bearable although I know I can’t really run away from my problem, haha. But I do know I’m already doing my best and as Long as I continue to keep my hopes and dreams alive, these would be mere obstacles. I still want to continue my studies and I still want to amass wealth for emergency. Keeping myself busy helps to distract too. Like going for workout classes, watching Netflix and making cards for my orders.

I don’t know how people can get their life together even when things weren't so rosy looking for them. But can say 90% of the time, they are on track. Why? They don’t get easily discouraged obstacles or distractions. They just basically focus on getting things done. Focus on the NOW.

I’ve just received my salary and I’m adopting some habits from the time I was nearly broke. I don’t know if it’s enough still to last until my next pay but I’m trying not to think too far. I just try to hustle my way and hopefully, things will work out better than it was before.

If you are caught in the same rut as me, all the best to you too :)

Comments

Popular Posts