Skip to main content

Justify My Bargains

Sometimes I blog because I am procrastinating. Currently I'm procrastinating on what to write in my to-do list. I vow to start afresh this month and not waste so much time just sitting here and surfing net coz there are a lot of things to do basically. 


But anyway, let me do a quick post. 


I recently went out shopping with two friends on different occasions and I actually enjoy going out with them even if I don't buy anything but of course, after some time, I will get bored but it's just natural to feel that way. It's just that sometimes I don't get the 'science' of fashion like how this does not suit you like in what ways because to me, I don't see the difference whether you are wearing this or that especially if they are of the same colour and they basically look the same to me. I tell ya it's difficult to go out shopping with someone so analytical about things that everything needs to be justified. I don't know..but to me...the only justification I need for myself is whether I look fat in it, whether I will wear it and not chuck it inside the cupboard only and whether is it value for money coz you know I don't quite earn much to have the luxuries of shopping till I drop.


My friend tried on different different pairs of jeans, and can't help if that shop sells seriously many different types of jeans, like they just don't have straight cut, they have slim straight cut, curvy straight cut..like wtf?! To me, they mostly look the same on her and I guess only she will know the difference such as whether she feels comfortable wearing them. But she was so analytical about them though I do understand why she felt that way coz she will be wearing those jeans for the long time and it's not always a bargain to bag two pairs of jeans under $100 and by a brand brought to you by Levi's, no less.

I can understand though why it's cheaper than the original Levi's. It's made in Indonesia :s but narh, won't spoil her day.

Whatever it is, seriously you don't need to justify to me what  you are buying this or that. But I know they're just using me as a platform to justify the things they buy coz they want to make sure it's money well spent. It's hard for me to disagree especially if they really really want to buy them and I don't want to be the cause of their sleepless nights for not getting the item, haha. While I do voice out concerns especially if I think they don't actually need it if I notice it doesn't look good on them or I've seen them wearing something similar, or it's like way too pricey, but if they find something they like and they can afford it, why not.


I'm sure as adults, they should know how to budget their own money but you know, we women are easily swayed by bargain buys, haha. So we have that little weakness and even for me, I am the type who watches what I spend on and  make sure every now and then I have some spare money if I were to get the item which is not on my 'to buy' list. But I myself can't resist one off buys like a cropped cardigan that was selling at $15 and now only at $10 and it's the only piece left and best of all, in my size. If I can walk away from it, fine. Oh, and I got a hongbao money so the first time round, I didn't get coz my friend liked it, and I didn't think I should be buying it either. But with the hongbao money, I went to another outlet and got it when I went to search for it :) coz I actually wanted it in the first place. Lucky thing too coz it was the only one left.


Whatever it is, one advice I have for you peeps. If it looks ill fitting on you, don't kid yourself. Sometimes you know how the top can fit you but it doesn't suit you and even if it comes in a nice colour, just don't get it for the sake of the colour. Or even jeans. If it fits you but somehow looks funny on you, don't waste your money either even if it's the type of jeans which you don't have. For example, not everybody can rock in a slim fit jeans. I know I don't and even if you don't care what people say, yadah yadah, seriously, if you bring yourself down to ground level and judge for yourself, it's just not suitable for you. I'm just sayin' coz I do see people looking terrible in what they're wearing just coz their friends are wearing the same things but they look better coz of their different body sizes.


Don't forsake comfort for the sake of fashion ;)

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...