Skip to main content

Death by Chocolate

As I mentioned on both my twitter feeds and facebook status update, I have died and gone to chocolate heaven. I was brought to a faboo (heh, the word thanks to a recent episode of 90210) chocolate buffet along with another friend of mine. It was supposed to be a secret location and it took place at One Fullerton Hotel. Yes, very the fancy schmancy. No wonder we were told to be dressed a certain way, including wearing heels. I'm not one who wears heels coz after a while it will get tiring but heck, it's not every day so will do. Plus heels elongates the legs and if you wear jeans in them, instant touch of class.


My friend also put on make up for us girls and did our hair. My skin never looked so flawless, haha, thanks to 'tonnes' of compact foundation. But we all looked good and prior to the chocolate buffet, we had a photoshoot which I wasn't very keen at first. I'm timid that way. But after a while of seeing my friends having a good times taking one photo after another, everything like fell into place. So we were all good.


I never expected to get full just by eating chocolate cakes and other chocolate related stuff. All were good though I'm not very keen with caramel. The best part? The chocolate fondue and my friend Nutty was fascinated with the chocolate fountain and how the chocolate sorta split up when we dipped our fondue into it. So fun, actually :D

Though we spent $50 on dinner and the chocolate buffet and my money went on a quick dip thereafter, I guess a little bit of splurging is okay once in awhile, when in good company. Though this means cutting back on other expenses :S Oh well, in life we have to give and take, I guess.


My friends looked so good. Nutty looked good in her off shoulder top and braided hair which didn't seem to fall out of place amazingly. Snow showed off her luscious and long curly hair which she is going to 'chop' soon and me? Well,  I wore jeans. Like as if it's the surprise of the century, haha. I don't like wearing jeans though if you wear the right fit, it will look good on you and even gives your booty a lift.

Nutty is planning the next outing in April. Good good..always looking forward to meeting up with good pals. Yesterday's theme was about the celebration of womanhood by dressing up nice and wearing pretty make up and singlehood by indulging ourselves in chocolates which have feel good endorphins. But they kept my poor friends up the whole night. 

Me? I went to chocolate heaven :)

Nutty's excitement when she found out where we going



Dipping a pineapple chunk into the chocolate

Nutty called this ant's point of view

I finished them all! I got the most compared to my friends..hehe

Other shots of me and the gals...











follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...