Skip to main content

Can I Afford It?

I'm actually bummed out. I got this nice top for a friend of mine and I was intending to get the black one as well for myself but alas, I don't need to do my budget calculations to know that I can't afford it :( And best of all, guess how much is it? $15. I have more than that lying in my room, in my bank accounts and I could just ask them to swipe my freaking credit card, but nope, I realized that I can't afford it. 


Once I've done my actual calculations, I find that I'm slightly behind in my projected budget. See, it's a no brainer. I really can't afford it. 


See, we always underestimate the value of money because we only think of now, as in right now, not as in later. Even people with a lot of money do budgeting. There are of course, those who have way too much money and don't know what to do with the surplus that they actually gamble much of them away. Those that know the value of money think far and years ahead of their time to make sure they will live comfortably in the future and if things were to happen to them or their family members, at least they are covered for. 


Cool, huh? Not cool is when I'm still sore about not getting the top. I mean, how can I not be? I've been wanting to get that top for the longest time but I thought it was pricey coz it's rather plain and simple and it cost almost $30 bucks?! And now that same damn thing is selling at half the price :S *eurgh*


So..should I? or should I not?





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...