Skip to main content

Becoming My Own Boss

Actually, one of my dreams is to set up my own online shop selling handmade accessories. I want to make it affordable to girls and young women who do not have deep pockets but would like to own beautiful exclusive accessories which they can use when they doll themselves up. Alas, I lack motivation and inspiration...haha. Plus, I don't think I have that much talent in doing them anyway though I know if I can learn make up from you tube, I can also learn making costume jeweleries by watching you tube videos as well, eh?

We shall see..

Anyway, those of you who dreams of owning your own shop, whether a bricks and mortar kind or the virtual kind, do know that owning a business is NOT an easy job. Better still, don't give up your day job yet unless you are really sure that you want to quit to fully focus on your business and that you have enough savings to last you in the months ahead that you are without pay and not breaking even yet.

There are like so many online shops nowadays set up by very young women selling fashion apparels that I would say we can be spoilt for choice but seriously, when I look at most of the clothes, I'm like..eurgh..not nice. I think they should be more selective on the goods they bring in to sell and not just coz they're on super offer by the wholesalers. Plus, they're pretty much the same as all the other online sellers. And please, not all of the shoppers are skinny, eh?


But I guess I'm determined to start my own online shop, just for the love and er..heck of it. I'm not looking into making a tidy sum out of it actually. At least, it can be a talking point? haha..like oh, I have my own blogshop..something in that line.


Plus, it gives me an excuse to do something about my time such as not wasting it and also, I like seeing those beads etc and then thinking about creative ways on stringing them up and making beautiful accessories :) 


So do you think I will achieve my dream of setting up my own blogshop? Oh we shall see. I shall give myself the time frame of up to end of this month. If I can't produce anything, it's just a dream I guess.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...