Skip to main content

Monday Rambles

Yesterday, I was mentioning about me trying to make a claim of quite a large amount (technically, not really but by far, the largest amount I have claimed so far) for reimbursement. I knew she was going to ask for supporting documents like dunno what from here or there and yes of course, the receipt which I admit to her later, I don't have it with me anymore but I was willing to drop the matter as seriously, it was no point pursuing it. 


But she was kind enough to actually forgo the receipt and to give her at least some supporting document to say that I had to make payment in cash. I couldn't wait to go home and find such document. I did try to find and I don't know if it is useful because that is the only thing I have but which did mention the amount payable. Hopefully, it goes through *fingers crossed*


Like I said, the eventual claim will be very useful for me including, first and foremost, paying off my loan from friends during my hard times. The rest of the money, I will just keep and use it sparingly or for emergency. I must always remember that this money belonged to my late father when he worked hard through the years. I was not about to misuse the money like that. It will be meant for the family, although during the times when he was still alive, sometimes I will use the money for other purposes but majority is for the family.


If she asked for further documents, I would die and just give up. I told her in advance that is the only document I have.


Yet again *fingers crossed* I don't  hear from her anymore. 


Oh by the way, let's...talk about work recently. I don't know why but recently my boss has been talking to me like asking me to do stuffs. Alright I know, she's the boss and she is supposed to ask me to do stuffs for her. But in the sense that she trusted me to do stuffs for her. When my ex colleague was around, she used to ask her to do stuffs and she was always very 'on' about it despite her complaints to me later in very long and 'mak nenek' (grandmother) sort of way. Seriously so long that I feel like taking the nearest sharp object to stab myself so I can stop her incessant complain.


But in my heart, I will always think that this girl is out to impress my boss by being on her good side by taking everything offered to her even though some of the instructions were meant for me. Who wouldn't anyway because following orders mean that we can get better appraisal reports and higher performance bonus in the following year. It's a no brainer.


Still, her hogging the limelight do not allow me to grow as an individual at work. But after she left, I took on her job scope and then my boss just slowly trusted me to do other stuffs as well and it helped that most of the time, I knew what she wanted and where to get them with little prompting. How? Actually, I also don't know, haha. Somehow I just 'know' just like me and pop culture. I just 'know'. If I'm not sure, I will just ask her.


It pays to explore around learning things on  your own rather than always get instructions wholesale. It shows the boss that you know what you are doing and that you are willing to go beyond what is given. Your boss will be more confident in giving you tasks which gives your boss more opportunities to grade you in your appraisal report.


Seriously, it is not about sucking up to her. It is about growing as an individual. Such skills will be useful in any workplace that you go. 


Enough rambling on that. Let me share with you this piece of goss.


I don't know about you people but to me, I believe in love and that love knows no boundaries.


But uhm, sometimes people take things a bit too far. Think, psychos :S


Still, whatever it is, or whatever my ex colleague want to call that guy from my workplace, it's her life. Just don't keep asking me about him and his whereabouts like earlier today. Like my other ex colleague from my previous workplace would say, well, as long as they're happy.


For me, I know for sure I would be happy if my late father's public trustee officer would approve my claims and reimburse me. I hope God gives me this one time miracle to help my family through hard times especially when the prices of things in general has gone up 20%. Yikes.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...