Skip to main content

Dare to Dream

My internet is back on again! Yahoo! Good thing I'm not at a total loss as I still have internet connection in the form of the mobile broadband plugged into my laptop. It's been a hectic and stressful week at home with all the shouting and anxiety, all because we didn't get the maintenance allowance as expected. Money was running seriously low and I had to resort to borrowing and I kept getting calls for my overdue bills. Hellish, is the word to describe.


So irritating it was for me to wake up so early in the morn or at around midnight, checking to see if the money went in and then going back home empty handed. This is what happens when you leave behind money with the government. Sigh...


I will put this episode behind me. Lesson learnt for me too. If I need to make reimbursement claims, NEVER make it quite close to the date that I will be getting the allowance, lest the system goes bonkers again. 


This week, my heart goes to the family of the little girl who lost her life so quickly in just two weeks due to complications arising from fever and cough. No mother would want to see her child buried before her. But on earth, we are mere mortals. God loves her more. She was the prettiest and most quietest one among all her six children, and just like that, her life quickly became upset down as she lost a battle with her illness. It was so unexpected and my heart really goes to her family, though I never knew the family but just a brief encounter with her mum when my mum ordered some cakes from her.


Another loss is the passing of Steve Jobs after his long battle with pancreatic cancer. He dared to dream different and out of the box and people practically become apple converts under his great creative genius. He taught us all to dare to dream. 


This is mostly us in general. A lot of people choose to waste time and not do things. While I admire the spirit of many young entrepreneurs who dare to dream big and different, there are still those who would rather act cool then do something productive with their time.


I want to begin my thirties on fresh clean slate. While our time on earth is short, it doesn't mean that we can't make an impact. Not everyone can be like Steve Jobs. But everyone can dream and achieve something in their lives. 


Grab a notebook and write down your creative ideas. Nevermind if it is going to sound wild or outrageous and people probably not going to buy them. The thing is, if you think like everyone else, how do you set yourself apart? You are practically going to blend in.


So people. Over this weekend, instead of just lounging and surfing the net endlessly (erm..guilty as charged), we shall do something productive, eh? Make this weekend the start of a new beginning to a better life. Dare to dream :)

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...