Skip to main content

Beauty 101: Maybelline Mineral Foundation

I finally got my hands on the maybelline mineral foundation! I have been wanting it for so long but I wanted to wait for the special edition kind where they will normally have a nice printed cover on the casing which is free. So we will only pay for the refill.


What is fantastic about mineral powder is that (according to the box) it doesn't clog pores, contains no preservatives or oils so it is suitable even for sensitive skin.



Yes, again..fantastico!



I don't really have sensitive skin but I do have the tendencies to get breakouts so I hardly use any foundation except when I go out with friends or on weekends. But it's just rather lame to put this cheap $1.50 Chinese talc powder on my face that in the olden days, our mothers and grandmothers (or God forbids even great grandmothers) use to swear by as a beauty product.

But! I am not about to give up on it because I actually swear by it in which it works great as a loose powder and doesn't make my skin oily and keep it matte for the whole number of hours I'm at work and after work! See, who says cheapo products don't work.


In the US, they are from the Palladio Beauty group and it looks like this:


Palladio Rice Powder



Only thing is, that is just the gist of it. Loose powder. At the end of the day, while it doesn't cake up and make my skin oily, I need something better so that I will still look good with a better coverage of my skin.


While I envy make up, I prefer my skin to be in its natural state as much as it can so that my skin can still breathe without all the piling of make up a.k.a chemicals.


Some shots of the Maybelline two way foundation which I bought earlier today:






Ignore the fat palm.


While it claims to be Maybelline New York, the foundations is really made in China, just a little info if you think that you have a 100% US product, hrm.


My verdict? It does give a clean finish but that's about it? Well I haven't really given a thorough test drive because I am wearing it at home. So far, so good but it may be a completely different story when I set out to work tomorrow.


I'm more into a foundation that gives a skin brightening effect like the ZA true white plus foundation. It really gives me a nice coverage and does make my skin brighter. However, I will put on the Palladio loose powder on top so that it will stay matte through the day.


But of course, I will stick to it in the sense that yes, my rather sensitive skin is in need of some lovin' as well and I'm sure the mineral benefits will give me a better looking skin. I'm thirty, not forty, hrm..


So I think that this will be a permanent fixture in my morning routine before I leave for work. Yay, now my face doesn't look so drab anymore as it promises to give a healthier looking skin and then added benefit of SPF 30 covers me from the harmful effects of the sun on my face. But yes, still put on your facial sunscreen lotion.


You can get it at watson's or hypermarkets. Selling at SGD 19.90.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...