Skip to main content

Anticipation to Nothing

Argh! I thought I would be getting my elections allowance this coming payday on Wednesday but after looking at my payslip, looks like I won't! No fair. The elections was in late August :( I was looking forward to it because I wanted to stash some money for emergency. Looks like I can't. After getting the maintenance allowance last Saturday, I got some clothes. They are heavily discounted and some are pre loved that I just bought over the internet.  I don't know how they are going to be like since I didn't really get to see the clothes for myself but oh well, they're like $5 to $8 each. I normally get clothes when the allowance is in because my current pay is pathetic enough to not be able to support my family, let alone buying clothes for myself. I do make exceptions like allowing myself to buy one or two depending on whether they are heavily discounted.

During such hardship period, some people helped me get through them and I am thankful for them. But I have to pay my dues to them as well which means cutting down on my expenses. I was depending on the elections allowance to buy me some clothes from the recently opened H&M in Singapore but looks like I have to further push back again. Argh!


I know a lot of people saying that H&M in Singapore is overrated. My friend was like saying that H&M in UK is like the This Fashion in Singapore. Well to me, if you like the clothes and the clothes make you happy, doesn't really matter if it is cheap as long as you know how to rock the outfit. I wouldn't mind getting at least one top which I saw a few that I think are pretty decent and costs below $20. But I'm in no hurry to get them I guess. The shop will always be there.


Yes I know I'm contradicting myself when I said I wanted to stash some money for emergency and what has H&M got to do with it? I'm a pretty easily contented person so getting just one will be good enough for me. I actually do own one apparently : / How come? I actually bought a pink shirt from the Geylang bazaar and when I wanted to wear it, I saw the H&M tag. Dunno if it's for real because it costs me like what...$3?!


Luckily after paying my overdue bills, buying clothes (including a $25 cargo skirt from marks & spencer), groceries and yes, that Maybelline mineral two way foundation, I still have some money left. I guess I have no choice but to use that as emergency money instead. Better than nothing right? I still won't get me some new stuffs after this mini shopping spree. Will use it purely for the family.


I think there is one stuff that I wanna get. An eyelash curler. Mine is like rusty already. I am going to buy one from watson's that is around $7. I hardly use it as I just use the mascara like that. But the one that my friends bought as a birthday gift need to be used with a curler as the impact isn't really there. I am writing that in my diary lest I forget and end up buying other stuffs instead, hrm..


So anyway, that is my rant as I am so disappointed that I ain't going to get the elections allowance yet. I thought that it will also cover part of my loan from friends but looks like I have to figure some way out. The least I could do is to further slash my expenses..sigh. What to do. I don't want to be so poor and the only way to survive is to basically know what you are spending on and know what you should NOT be spending on.


Oh well. Have to wait until November then. So long....





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...