Skip to main content

Birthday Gathering & House Hunting

Last week, I celebrated a friend of mine's belated birthday together with another friend at her condo. Sadly, this would be the last time we would hold the celebration at her place because she has finally managed to sell off her condo unit after one year of looking for a buyer.

Mostly we used the swimming pool facilities although the two of us didn't swim at all but just chill under the shade. We brought home cooked food and I really appreciated my friend for doing this for us, thinking about how the young son of a friend of us would love the swimming pool for kids. She is so selfless and kind to her friends and I'm truly blessed to have her in my life. 

While one was selling off the house, the other friend was on the verge of getting a dream house for herself and her young son. In life, we have many priorities and things to look forward to. Each of our dreams and aspirations are different from one another, like for me, getting a house is not a priority at the moment. 




At times we may not agree about some things but overall, we all lead a different and unique path in life. So as friends, it is natural to have our concerns but we can only lend our moral support and hope for the best for things to come. Because life is unpredictable. But we don't want to be stagnant as well. We may have different goals in life but all of us aspire to lead better lives, not just for ourselves but for our immediate loved ones as well.

For this few precious hours that we spent time together, we shared updates in our lives over food and laughter. Things may not always remain the same in our lives but what will always remain is the the friendship that will hopefully last a lifetime.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...