Skip to main content

PK's Birthday Bash 2011

Honestly, I hardly watch movies in the movie theatres. But it doesn't mean that I am no movie watcher. I just...am not so interested in them since their ticket prices are such killers nowadays especially on weekends. But my good friends organized a movie showing and I think it was pretty swell that we watched Johnny English Reborn coz it was fantastico! While I had a bad start to the month, at least I get to laugh out loud at his antics. Gosh he is such a moron! But in a cute and lovable way. I don't want to give away any spoilers but after we left the theatres, we would never see a old lady the same way again! She could be an assassin for all you know!


They also treated me out at Swenson's. Actually I was supposed to pay my share as well, except for the movie ticket, but due to my family crisis, they treated me there as well. How sweet :) Like I said, I can NEVER thank them enough. I got a surprise ice cream treat, complete with a candle. My wish? That I remain good friends with them because such friends are hard to come by. We were joking about what kind of children we will have. And then amidst our busy family schedules, we will still find time to be there for one another, babies and children in tow, haha. Husbands are optional. Best left at home.


Anyway, here are some shots before my borrowed digital camera went kaput.









By the way, I love my gifts this year. Even more surprising, I got it from two people whom I've never received gifts from. One of them was from the IT guy. I suppose I am the only one there he ever bought a gift for? Wow, me is so touched, haha.


So now we are all officially in our 30s. Here's to another decade of friendship!


By the way, you're wondering who is PK right? PK is my nickname for like ten years now? It is the abbreviated version of Payu Kayu. You do not want to know what they mean. So they either call me PK or one of my friends, call me Payu as well.


Just a small trivial fact about me! haha, as if you wanna know. Thank you girls for cheering me up. Like I told you all, you are besties for a reason. Simply because you are the best.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...