Skip to main content

Promoted At Last!

You've heard me complaining a million times about how low my pay is and how I really hope that I will get to be on the new scheme with the promise of a slightly higher pay. Basically it's not so that I can have more money to spend on myself but rather, so that I have more to spend on my family. They've all I've got and it is not easy being a sole breadwinner. 

Anyway, the good news is..I've got the option to transfer! And that's not all actually.


I don't know if you can see but..

I'm eligible for promotion! woot! I know I know...I've been wishing I don't get promoted and I thought that I of course wouldn't be promoted as I'm such a blunder at times at work and I don't exactly have this work intuition turned on all the time. However in whatever comes my way,  I only know two things: I try to stay on top of things even if I feel overwhelmed and that I do my best in whatever is thrown my way.


If you are new to the working world or is currently struggling to put your foot down, follow that philosophy closely and you won't feel like you're losing out. You must plan your time and try to follow the time closely. Also, take whatever that is given to you as a challenge. At times you may make mistakes but learn from them and do better the next time around.


With this transfer, and also the promotion, my pay will increase by almost $400! At first I didn't want to inform my mum simply because I don't want her to ask for more money from me and I wouldn't be able to cope with the expenses. However, I realize that I can't keep that for long and that the amount that I've given to her from the first pay that I received which is a take home pay of a mere $1k has not changed. Plus she's always in a dilemma that the money I've given to her isn't quite enough to cover the household expenses. She has been cooking quite frequently these days so I believe it's quite apt that I should give her slightly more. As for myself, whatever has left I just try my best to spend wisely and not be too carried away buying unnecessary stuffs such as *ahem* makeup.


Things are getting more ex and I've succumbed to taking money on credit terms which sucks coz now they're after me. I wanna put this ep behind me and get on with my life. I can't run away from them forever. I have also resorted to borrowing and I really hope that with this new take home pay, things will get a little easier for me as well.


With this promotion and my agreement to go on the new scheme, I won't be getting backdated pay of about $200 per month since Feb until June simply because the promotion is effective on the 1st June. It's complicated when you work for the ministry...they're pretty calculative..hahah.


My colleagues are so happy and so is my boss and man, her handshake is super firm. Shows how confident a woman she is. She also got her promotion earlier. Now it's my turn :)


After working in this grade for the last 9 years, and 4 years with this ministry, I am so happy my hard work is recognized. I will continue to put in my best and not slack like how I used to.


YAY TO ME!

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...