Skip to main content

Right Attitude in Life

It's been awhile since I've blogged. Been a little down lately and not focused but don't worry, everything is going to be fine and dandy :)

What I learnt from this 'blues' experience is that we are all different. Some things don't go as planned and end up adding more burden to my already burdened life but as quoted, there is no such thing as mistakes. Well, I don't know if you believe in that but let's take it with a pinch of salt. Basically these 'mistakes' allow you to grow and learn from experience. So in other words, it is not a mistake. It is a learning experience.

Anyway, the blues come about when I felt that I am holding on to more responsibilities that I am spreading myself too thin. Last time I used to remember that I wish I have things to do at work. It was so boring the last 2 and a half years of my working life at my current workplace. Reason was that my boss didn't trust me enough to do my share of work and my then colleague has been the apple of her eyes because she's so independent and impeccable in her work that she wouldn't miss a step from 1 to 10. 

However she had her strengths and weaknesses which of course my boss chose to 'ignore' her weaknesses. But nevertheless, when she left, it was my turn to shine and whatever I couldn't do previously due to the unspoken limitations imposed by my ever perfectionist colleagues, I managed to do. It was a very steep learning curve and I remembered making mistakes pretty frequently but I tried NOT to let them get down on me. 

I showed my boss what I was capable of. True I am NOT the best event organizer and I lack leadership quality but she guided through me in areas that I am weak at. I know that I am eager to learn and eager to put in my hard work. I am proud to say that it lead me to my first ever promotion :)

Still, it took a toll on me like I felt so....down. It got very boring because all this hard work is so..er..demanding on myself.

However now I just tell myself that it's just work burnout. Try not to think about it too much and just move forward. Continue to focus and train myself to do proper work and make less repeated mistakes. Take things one at a time and ensure that I follow through my work and do things less haphazardly as these will only make me more stressed out if I don't get to complete them or make even more mistakes. More importantly, I think that it helps to be less distracted at work. We always complain that we don't have time but sometimes distractions whether at work or in our own personal lives can get the better of us. Even a mere small distraction can be costly. There is a time and place for everything and when we have to focus, we jolly well focus.


It also pays to plan. I find that when you draw up a strategy plan, whether at work or in your personal life, on what you need to do to achieve something helps. It always works to plan. This also allows you to be less distracted and be more focused on what you can do to make things work for YOU instead of AGAINST you.

For me, I think the best is for us to just find a quiet place or a quiet time to really sit down and write down on what makes us tick. First thing first, we must love ourselves and truly believe that we must do things to ensure our well being emotionally and physically. Then in order to succeed, what are the steps we can take to get from one point to another. It helps to visualize ourselves the happy ending because seeing the big picture can help to motivate us towards working on it.


I have this notebook which I'm supposed to write about what I wanna do to achieve this life I have envisioned. My big picture is pretty simple but meaningful. I just want to achieve a life where I don't compare myself to others and put myself down. I want to be able to held my head up and say hey, these nitty gritty things don't bother me. I am special in my own ways. 


The way to achieve what we want out of our life is to simply have a positive mindset saying hey, we can do it and also to have the right attitude towards life.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...