Skip to main content

Blush Blush with Bobbi Brown

I know myself enough that I won't be able to buy high end make up unless I won them or somebody gives to me. Maybe after this promotion I will be able to..heh.


Anyway, I have no problem with the lower end make up especially for those that performs just as well but well, a girl sometimes just want to have that one luxe make up item.


Recently I've blogged about my colleague giving me the bobbi brown make up palette and honey, I'm loving the cream blushers. At first I thought I can never pull of cream blushers but I managed to :)


They're in fact longer lasting because it's cream. But the application is a bit of a chore because you really need to get it well blended so that it doesn't look like you have a lot.


So here's the palette that I'm loving






Okay I wore that at 12pm and look at how long lasting it is, and it's 11pm now!! Don't mind the hair coz well, it's 11pm..haha.


You can use the popular beauty blender but I got a pack of sponges with a V tip for corner blending  for only $1.20 and there's a few of them inside.


This was sold at $25 at the recent Estee launder sales.

I realize that with certain higher end make up, the best philosophy to follow is 'less is more'. Sometimes with drugstore products you need to slather a bit more just to see the colour come out.


If you want alternative cheaper cream blushes, you can get the NYX cream blushes. I wish I could provide the link but the website is currently going through a stock take. However you can always go to cherryculture.com for NYX products. They have this so many shades of blushes for both cream and powder form. And it's easy on your pockets :)


But I guess I'll stick with these two shades of cream blushes coz I'm loving them..


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...