Skip to main content

Too Young Love?

Okay to be honest with you, I cant help but keep on replaying back this scene on my laptop...


















This was the smile I referred to in my previous post. Those dimples...that sweet baby face of his?! Even though he is not the main character and one of the goofy partygoers in his fraternity (ok..except for one..they're ALL party people), his story has the potential to go far and getting more popular based on fan requests. Like come on, look at that face! Hands down, he is more good looking that the lead male characters. What the heck the casting director was doing.



But then, liking his sweet smile makes me have this feeling that I will end up with a younger guy *shudders*.

Er, dont get me wrong. Im all for 'love does not have to come in the form of a perfect guy' and that hey, if you're happy with the guy, who cares what others think.

But, I think that since Im the type of person who can be pretty cautious and whose emotions are sometimes dictated by what people think of her, it can be pretty difficult for me if I get such thoughts in my way. It's just like this constant fear in my head that will creep out slowly and eventually ruin my relationship. Still, if the guy is for keeps, I may just rethink like...pfft...who cares about the *gasp* three or four years of difference. Even if I look around his age, I think there will be this invisible tape recorder in my head reminding me constantly that the guy Im dating is younger. But hey, in case u are going to start labelling me as an egomaniac or shallow (of which I dont deny the latter....because Im sure deep down everyone is, except mine tends to hover at the top a bit), I can be open minded over the concept of love so we'll never know that eventually, I'll just get over the fact that the guy is younger and other people? They can kiss my ass for all I care.

I mean, when things happen, things happen. There is no way you can look back and think that hey, I shouldnt be in this because I dont deserve it. Everyone deserves happiness and whether it is short lived or not, it is another matter. Just as long as it doesnt jeopardize the happiness of someone else (a.k.a sleeping with your friend's boyfriend).

Okay even if you seriously like your friend's boyfriend and that you think that them together is like putting a cat and dog together, it's just wrong to poke our head into their relationship and ruin everything.

It's tough but the thing about love is that, if he or she is meant to be your soulmate, with a twist of fate, things can change for the better. And that guy? You may end up married to him. Uhm, just as long as we dont try to play God and flirt our way in because you may end up with him eventually, but with extra guilt to bear which wont go away easily.

So for all singles out there like me, who has not scored a single date over the longest period of time (or every single breathing second), just enjoy the moment that life has to offer while we're swinging our single badge. Life is too short to think about why men are just not interested in us. Or just think, they're a bit slow lah. They need time to catch up with us :D

Meanwhile, let me gawk at the guy again.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...