Skip to main content

Expect the Unexpected

Love can happen anytime, anywhere. Dont you think so? I know I am not exactly the type who is romantic or enjoys reading romantic novels or even think of romantic things my potential date or future boyfriend can do to impress me. To be honest with you, I can be pretty simple minded when it comes to the art of being romantic.

What can a guy say or do to impress little ol' me. Hrm, Im trying hard to go beyond the body here...which is not easy....but hey, here's a few pointers. Basically, someone who does not try so hard to impress, has a goal or few goals in life which do not include flirting as many girls as he can, funny but not too overbearing just to make you laugh (or cringe) and of course, sincerity. If he is sincere, it will show through his words and actions and honestly, I dont know how to describe it. And oh, another thing, a certain kind of connection that bind us emotionally like he can understand what I go through. But at the same time, urge me to make a difference in my life but not in a preachy sort of manner.

So the recent soap dramas and short films I watched proved to me that yes indeed, like my opening theme to this entry that, love can happen anytime even though it can take time to open your eyes. The sheer volume of connection that two people share over a remarkably short period of time prove to me also that love does not need so much time to stir feelings in one's heart. If it happens, it happens.

Unfortunately, as fast as it can happen, it can turn you into a wreck the next moment. To see the love of your life fading away before your very eyes as he succumbs to cancer or by his parent who shows her unhappiness over you and will do anything to keep the two of you apart.

But this is just the trials and tribulations of love. It can also reopen your heart to another possibility and who knows, this time around, he or she is for keeps. To lose your loved one to cancer and finding a new love unexpectedly through his male best friend who bonded with you during the difficult times. And a parent whose heart is as hard as stone begins to soften and realise that she is creating a big mistake trying to drive the two of you apart.

So to me, hey...it doesnt hurt to embrace love. It doesnt always promise happiness but to defy love, it is like denying yourself of the great things it can do to you. Even if that guy or girl has broken your heart into a million pieces, there is always room for another one who may very well be the love of your life. Ironically, that very same person who has broken your heart, may start to make amends with you because I dunno...at that time, his brain is short wired or something that all logic gets thrown out. And then the two of you end up together again, stronger than ever.

Therefore with love, maybe you can say....expect the unexpected?

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...