Skip to main content

Matters of the Heart

Recently, I have been trying to help a good friend of mine to solve some er...guy problem that shes crushing on. But coming from someone who has never fallen in love or been in a serious relationship, I cannot offer advice based on my own experience. And tv dramas can only help so little because u know how far fetched the stories can be. Still, I dont expect her to follow whatever I say to a T coz I know shes more capable than that. I cant say the same for me though..haha.....but I guess when it comes to the matters of the heart, one can only hope for the best. If it doesnt work out, well fine, but you come out of it a better person because you can derive valuable lessons out of it. Not everybody is first time lucky. Just like shopping. It's not all the time that you can see an outfit with a halo over it while every other item just fading into oblivion.

To Mariah, hey....dont dwell on it too much. Instead of asking why this and why that...if you think u're ready to move on, just move on or in your words, walk away. I know I told you to try to 'sell' yourself but if you think he's not worth it, then dont waste your time.

Life is too short. Go on...have fun! :D Make urself..ahem...more desirable to men that will actually pay attention to you instead of beating around the bush.

Just like in the Loreal ad, 'because YOU'RE worth it!'


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...