Skip to main content

"A walk in the park.."

A walk in the park is easy peasy...after a few good years since the last time I stepped foot in the park nearby my home, I was back again at around 8 plus. Everytime, I passed by that park in the bus, whenever I went to a neighbouring shopping mall, it brought a flashback to my mind how I tried to exercise there, by jogging and walking as part of my training for my 2.4km. It was lonesome..tiring...in the end, I onlie went there twice. But I had wanted to go back there and tried my luck again..even after I am no longer in school and therefore subjected to the torturing (at least in my terms) napfa test. Eurgh..the agony.
But my recent efforts to stay healthy, for the purpose of feeling good and losing some weight in the process, brought me back to the park. This time with some company; my brother. It helps to know that there is someone slower than me..wahahaha.....but nevertheless, it doesn't feel so lonesome anymore. Even my effort to go down to the gym (next thursday) is not without company either. Tiredness I can endure, as long as I have some company who is just like me, who simply will not try to compare and contrast with me. To each his own...(or hers..if u are referring to me).
I just realised that exercising naturally will give you 'feel good' endorphins in ur body. When I see someone of a bigger physical size than me, munching on some friend goodies, I am like..at least I eat food from a certain foodplace (read: chicken wrap..yumz) only once a week and no longer eat cheap Mcdonald's burgers as part of my dinner. Bread and some good ol' biscuits can fill up along with some milk or soya milk. They're delicious and keeping urself busie at nite helps to make u forget that you're hungrie. I eat one major meal a day, during lunch, which keeps me quite full for the rest of the day.
Well, you know what? keeping healthy is not such a bad idea after all. YOu just need to practise self-control and lots of company who are in the same boat as you. wooh!!

*boring rating: 3*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...