Skip to main content

Finding Love & Wedding Bells



Just last week, I went to two weddings on two separate weekends within the same week. This has never happened before, lol. I hardly go to weddings even though occasionally I get the invites. But being in one can be quite fun especially nowadays they cater a variety of food serving not just the usual wedding dishes, but they will hire vendors that will make traditional food on the spot or even creative food like fried banana fritters with cheese. Oh and for both of the weddings I attend, they served ice cream too....yum. 

Okay besides that, lol...the other thing I tend to notice is how the dais nowadays look so grand so big, enough to fit the whole extended family. They would be so creative with the set up compared to back in the days where most of the time, the dais would be pretty small and more traditional looking and basic colours. 

I must appreciate all these details like the colour scheme and the decorations and all because I know I will never experience any of these in my life, haha. Yes I know that sounds so negative but like I've explained in many of my earlier posts, some people aren't cut out for married life and I'm one of them. I don't feel like I'm alone because there are many single people out there too and they're living a fulfilling life too. I'm not saying when you're married, your life is over. If you get a partner that understands your needs and how despite the union, you are still your own unique individual who wishes to pursue your dreams and aspirations. 

I'm happy that I know of people who have gone through heartbreak found people to be their soulmates in times of their need where they feel lost thinking that they will never find love. My heartiest congratulations to them :)

I had to attend this wedding because I would get to see some of my former poly classmates. Although we did a few meet ups after we graduated, it's always fun to see them and hear them interact. I'm always in awe how people can talk to one another so fluently in a small group while I get stumped. But I like listening to them because it will give me a sneak peek on how people go about their lives and they also share interesting stories that I will laugh or feel sad about.

We also talked about how many of us are planning or are already pursuing degree. Knowing that some of them already did get started or coming soon, I feel like I want to start sooner. But now isn't quite a good time too because my brother is not home most of the time so if I were to come home late from evening classes, there is no one at home with my mum. Also, I need to concentrate first on saving some money and earning more as well. Whether or not I need a degree is another matter unless I want to get a new job. So I'm still thinking about this too. I mean it's going to be costly and it has to put to good use some how right. To me, it will be more like a sense of accomplishment rather than to just get a job with a higher pay but of course, other people will think otherwise.

So anyway, here are the pics where you can tell I didn't take them, haha. But still, worth sharing. Enjoy!








follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...