Skip to main content

Our Johor Trip 2017

My friend and I had an annual shopping trip to Johor and it is always a joy hanging out with her, it's like we are never short of things to talk to each other. To top it up, I got a sweet performance bonus compared to the dismal one I got last year although the show still goes on despite that, haha.

While last year, we were bummed out by the LONG waiting time at the checking in where they stamp our passport before freedom we are able to enter to the other side, we learnt our lesson and went after the March school holidays. However while we managed to get on the bus without a hitch, when we saw the crowd and the snacking queues at the checkpoint, we were like here we go again.

But after our experience, this one seemed more bearable, though the wait was still over an hour long. 

However we met our first disappointment with our lunch at Kenny Rogers. We always go to the Nandos coz it's worth the money for the size of food we eat. But here, the food was tasteless, and the portion was small (just look at the picture) and then we decided next time, we will go back to our usual routine.

We did the usual going round the mall level by level. While my friend use to be able to pick up shoes  pretty quickly, she just couldn't find the ones that called out to her. Some did but it turned out to be pretty 'meh' for her including the holy grail shoe shop in the mall beside the one we spent longer in. This is something very very new to both of us, haha. Oh well. We did shop for new clothes, I got shirts for my brother at the usual shop and also food to bring home.

Overall, it was still an enjoyable trip despite the initial hiccup where my friend left her key at her workplace which will open the drawer that her passport was in. We had our photos taken at our usual haunt (which we cannot compromise, like the one with Nando's..too bad we did this year and see what we got into, lol). Old Town White Coffee is the bomb and I love the hazelnut flavour and have it cold, thank you very much.

Normally I like drinking tea especially tea latte, yum...but I can't resist white coffee 😇

So overall, will we do this again next year? A resounding yes! Hopefully the shoe designs will improve because I think it's just too plain and boring and most are not really wearable, with the combined heavy heels and dainty straps. Like, really..how can you even walk in it. I'm not surprised that many customers simply walk in and out empty handed. It's that bad so it's not my friend's fault too, haha.

So much so, we had quite a lot of money left because we didn't get to shop much. But we're all good with the things we purchased.

Here's to more bonding sessions in future!














follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...