Skip to main content

Celebrating A Friend's Birthday at TCC Ion Orchard

My friends and I held a small birthday celebration for one of our friend and though it was a simple affair with just dinner and cake, it is something we take pride of. It's not just a birthday celebratory but also to celebrate our friendship. Before that, we went to see her adorable baby niece who just loved trying to put her foot in her mouth. And also her blanket, haha. You're growing up in a house full of love little one. Your parents love you, your grandparents too and of course your auntie, who is going to just shower you with kisses and gifts.

It's sad that as we are getting more educated, more affluent..sadly, there are still others who think they are entitled to certain rights to a point they don't care if you're an elderly or for kids, that you're an adult. I shall leave it for another post. 

For now, let's just see what's going on in my life few days ago when we did a mini birthday celebration at TCC. I have to say this that I am such an indecisive person. I didn't know exactly where the shop location and my poor friends had to go down the escalator, walk a bit and then up again. Thankfully, it wasn't a long walk and it was quite near the other escalator, but of course, we didn't actually have to travel that far, hehe. It was the same floor that we were at when we left the MRT station. Like I said, it was just a distraction..hehe.

We talked about our other friends too like what's going in their lives. We don't exactly have all the details but just some developments here and there, and not exactly everything was fine and dandy. Like life itself, full of ups and downs. We may not be as close knit as before like back in the days but we definitely try to be in touch of what's going on, especially now through the social media.

For me, no matter how crazy life can be sometimes, I do forget my woes when I go out with my brother, my family or my friends and just take in the moment and enjoy the time we have with each other. I thank God for blessing me with good friends like these and how our bond remains strong even though we left school many years back where it all started with our friendship.

Okay, enjoy the pics below! :)

To many more years of friendship and birthday celebration!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...