Skip to main content

Unconventional Beauty?

Something new. I do wanna let you know about some things that happen..when I get the hair out of my face..hee. What does that mean? When my unruly hair doesnt dominate my face. I dont consider myself as pretty..coz Im hopeless at maintaining a beauty regime so I dont have a face so flawless you can make a drawing board out of it. Or a mirror. Plus when I have acne or pimples..the scars take yonks to recover. BUT! When Im feeling happy, my face just flush up with redness and enthusiasm coz I get to be away from problems even for awhile. It kinda makes me feel and look youthful.

Last year..which was mere days ago, I experimented with growing out my hair. It wasnt something that I foresee as something permanent but eveyr year, I kinda do something 'different' towards my image and if people notice it, good..if they dont, they're probably blind. It was an experience alright..and I had lotsa difficulties maintaining it..but if my hair was well behaved, I thought I was going to have it forever and ever. Yeah right.

So, initially I was talking about what were the things that happened to me which I was thought was pretty 'unusual' but nevertheles..still something. Uhm, I mean guys look at girls right? Thats the norm..unless they're gay. I noticed that when my hair was let down..almost all the time..no guy looked at me. Like come on, I thought guys like girls with long hair! Maybe mine's not silky..so thats another story..heh. Well after a Sentosa trip, my friends and I went to Vivo for awhile and we heard music which turned out to be this sound test that they were doing for this countdown. I hardly tie up my hair but when I did during the whole of that trip, they thought I looked better and more youthful. Plus, being in the company of good friends made me feel all happy and joyous. Anyway, I was just there.....looking and there was this Chinese guy leaning over a barricade to also look at them from a distance doing a sound test. He turned back coz I guessed we made a mini commotion..hehe..and then he looked at me. Then I noticed he looked back at the stage and then he turned back again to look again..at me up and down..for like few seconds. I was thinking..hrm..whats up..

Well, yesterday was the first time Mariah saw me with my new haircut which she described as 'chic'. I thought it was well cut...and this was hardly the case which was one of the reasons why I decided to keep my hair long though just for a freaking year. I shall show you the pic of it at the bottom of this entry.

I kinda like it coz it's a bit fuss free and it gave me this thought that long hair..is so not me. I thought that having short hair would sorta kill the sex symbol in me..like hah..as if there is one in the first place. But hey, you'll never know..I mean, girls with long hair look super pretty..provided they are not as unruly as mine.

But maybe, this pre-notion that short hair kills the sexiness of a girl..may not be so true. I think it's just in your attitude in how you carry off your looks with an air of confidence whether short or long. You know like yesterday, at an esprit boutique, I went to a dressing room to try on this shirt and as I was about to enter this cubicle, I thought I saw this rather cute looking Chinese guy which I supposed must be waiting for his girlfriend. But it was kinda creepy that when he saw me, he didnt like look away and just kept on looking as I was putting down the things on the chair until I was closing the door. I mean..come on..give me some privacy here! When I went out after trying it out, he was still there..looking as I was talking to Mariah...and then I was thinking what boredom can do to you.

But since he's quite cute, I shall let the staring incident go.
Well, if let's say lah..that someone he waited for (which I assumed must be a girl..though I didnt quite see it) may not be his girlfriend or he's just someone who takes an opportunity to look at other girls with the girlfriend out of sight, and if Im a despo looking for attention, that could spell..uhm..something nice to think about. Wow, a guy looking at you and not letting go of his gaze. Fuyooh.....a girl can dream, cant she? Or in my case, dream on.
I seriously dont know how to react if such staring incident would suddenly turn out to be a little bit more like asking for a number or striking up a mini conversation. Being shy doesnt help either besides having a personality so flat you can step on me. SO to me, it's pretty scary. But seriously, I dont mind being friends with people that I just got to know after some friendly staring incident..hee. I think it's just a way of widening my social circle.
Oh, as promised..new do..a bit shy lah..thus, the sunglasses.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...