Skip to main content

Touching Base

Wow..money sure runs like water. And before you think Im gonna write another 'I've lost my head..' post about me being super careless, I would say that well...I think Im still in an 'okay' position or taking a neutral stand on how things are right now. In other words, I am quite done with shopping and in mere days, it can be quite shocking to see how all the figures add up to be..well..quite big. But nevertheless, the most comforting thought that I can make do right now is that the total amount me and my mum spent over the past few days after getting some payout, has not exceeded the balance that I have right now which is good. Though still quite a shocking figure as to how much we spent in mere days, we get to buy the stuffs we can only dream about..like a pair of Levi's jeans or a GAP shirt..and in my mum's case..to have that satin fabric..or the Bonia bag.

Despite that whirlwind romance with money, reality sets in and I start getting paranoid. To me, it's a wee bit of a good thing because it helps me to re-focus on life a bit before things get out of hand and Im back to square one. God gave me an opportunity to have fun a bit to forget all the blues I had last year Seriously, I have learnt my lesson that being poor aint fun and that this week is a good week to put away the fun week I had last week pre and post New Year and start touching base with reality. For example, paying off bills..which sucked even more coz I dont have pay for this month since i have not stareted my work yet..plus, nobody likes paying bills. So freaking expensive staying here in Singapore and they can be so demanding and threatening if we dont pay in full. They are not afraid to engage lawyers who will then do the deed of sending us such letters like I owe thousands or something. Wtf.

But it's okay. Im stronger now emotionally and despite being a ditzy closet blonde sometimes, I can handle life's difficulties better now. Just..uhm..dont throw these obstacles too often at my face..I can only handle so much..hee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...