Skip to main content

Getting Over Fever, Fitness Update & Happy December!!

Can you believe it, that we are now in the very last month of 2017?!!! What have you achieved so far? This year, I got a new posting and into fitness now ever since I found out from my friend about these free fitness classes by HPB in collaboration with various organisations. While time is an issue for me since I end work at 6pm, I'm glad that at the very least, there are at least 2 places that I can go nearby my workplace and be there on time. The furthest I go to is the Plaza Singapura at Dhoby Ghaut and even though I enjoy the work out there because I sweat like there's no tomorrow, the popularity of it is getting overwhelming. So much so, since I can only reach there almost to the starting time, the space is getting more squeezy and then there are those annoying people who just need so much space to do *rolls eyes* So that is a bummer for me, at least recently. 

Anyway, while I feel that I still need to do something about my choice of food at times, lol..I enjoy these fitness classes because it makes me in control of my health. 

Speaking of health, last week I was so sick with fever and headache. I didn't have fever for a long time ever since last year in July when I came back from a ferry trip from Pulau Tekong after sending my brother off for his National Service. It was bad. I shall not compare because both were equally bad but for this one, it was coupled with headache that was so annoying to a point, I even thought I had brain cancer.

Yes, I am so drama. I didn't think so but well, it didn't hurt (pun intended) to google about it. And one of the questions was about how long can one live once diagnosed with brain cancer. The answer wasn't direct and instead, asked to go on to the next question. After reading the symptoms, clearly I didn't have one. 

But I know once you have cancer, it's almost like a death sentence. There's little chance of survival and hearing how many months we have left, put things to perspective. If one has been living life to the fullest or at least feel satisfied of the quality of life they have been living prior to this, the precious times they have left, they mostly spend it with good friends and family. All this while dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy, surgery and medication that can make life so dreadful that it's really hard to live life to the fullest each day, with what little time you have.

Even though there are survivors, life changes drastically but basically, life still goes on. People start looking at the bigger picture and what life has to offer to them instead of just being focused on what they can't do or can't have. Because every minute and every second matters especially when they have been given this second chance of life that may just be taken from them anytime should the cancer strikes back again after being in remission. 

I wrote about how November has been pretty dreary for me at to cap it off with fever, like oh my gosh. This week, wasn't so bad actually. I attended a two day course for work which was quite fun, not what I expected. I didn't do any fitness classes last week including spending time at the gym as I was so sick. And then this week, I restarted it again and the first class was the Strong by Zumba. I felt like I was knocked out several times but I managed to last, lol. I still made money even though I was sick. 

I temporarily closed my online shop but when I was feeling a little better, I managed to still make some things even though I got quite frustrated because my fingers got too shaky, from the fever and meds. While I would love to close a little longer, I feel that I shouldn't get too carried away. I have been so motivated by some local young entrepreneurs how they move from point A to point B and point C and I'm thinking how they can juggle different things. Yet, they still have a life. 

I feel so small as compared to them and the way I handled my online business last month was pretty bad. But I wrote down what I want to achieve and it helped me to re-focus. I need to improve a little on my time management such as it would be great for me to start the ball rolling with working on an order before I sleep so that I don't have to rush when I wake up. I still struggle with that because that time prior to bed is really my most unproductive, haha. I can't force myself to do something that I don't have the mood for.

Anyway, I'm feeling better and that same week when I started with high fever, I managed to go to Sentosa for the Pop Up Lights, coming up in my next post. 

Thanks for staying with me until this end! Some pictures just for the sake of it. I 'stole' these pictures again from Facebook. Me at Zumba session last Thursday and the wind was so strong and I think I struggled with getting the hair out of my face than in following the moves.

The second picture showed me in action. Like expert like that, lol. Looking forward to two more sessions of these because it's a wrap for the year. I couldn't go for the very last session because I have a Christmas dinner and gift exchange with my bestest buddy :)

Okay, I go now. Bye!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...