Skip to main content

Annual Dinner at Seoul Garden & Christmas Walkabout 2017

Last week, my brother and I went for our annual dinner at Seoul Garden. We started this tradition some 5 years ago, or even more..can't remember, where we both enjoyed sumptuous buffet spread of marinated meat, seafood, cooked finger foods, desserts and of course, ice cream. Each table had a grill and soup warmer so I was tasked, what was new, to grill the meat. I'm no cook but this made me feel like I was one, hehe. My brother went a little cray cray with the fried chicken drumlets because it was delish. Plus he didn't have to wait for long since he was already hungry.

We didn't take the seafood, though previous years, I did take prawns and we certainly didn't take the fish, lol. We were not fans but we went multiple rounds to take the meat, mostly chicken meat, marinated in different sauces. My brother had a little disaster with scrambled eggs when he tried to pour it over the grill and then the liquid seeped through the holes of the grill to under its metal plate. I also cooked noodles, cracked eggs, put in some ingredients like hotdogs and fishballs into the ginseng soup, which I likened to traditional Malay dish called Mee Soto. Since it was the Christmas season, there was bacon too and we also went several rounds to take the bacon pieces, lol..and oh m gee, grilled bacons taste so good.

The only disappointment was that there were no cakes but moshi instead, some soft and chewy Japanese savoury with feelings. We had ice cream which we generously took several scoops in different flavours and I made my own bingsu, which was shaved ice with some chewy ingredients for ice kachang and topped with a dollop of ice cream. Written like some true food blogger.

After our dinner, we took a bus down to Dhoby Ghaut and began our Christmas walkabout. During this month, Orchard Road streets would be decorated with many Christmas decorations that visitors could take plenty of photos of. Some malls had done the decorations in different themes and one of them had it done in a Stars Wars theme to also promote the latest movie instalment. We didn't manage to take photos of all of them as some were pretty popular with the visitors. I don't know how many photos we had photo bombed because it was quite impossible to walk as every inch we walked, there would be people taking photos.

There was also performances by buskers  who were entertaining the visitors with singing and magic performances. We stopped by a 'village' set up at Takashimaya where there was a mini Christmas fair and there was also performances and food carts. We later proceeded on with our last leg of Christmas walkabout. Unfortunately, by the time we reached Ion Orchard, they had turned off the lights. So we had to come back another time, which we did last Friday, so that we could finally write this blog post end our 2017 Christmas Walkabout. 

This wasn't planned but when we entered Ion Orchard, there was a MAJOR sales going on at Sephora and oh boy, the prices were slashed to even up to 50%!! I don't know but this was like way better than their 20% sales, haha. I could not resist taking a few items though I didn't think I needed another bronzer and highlighter, until this salesperson was promoting this Too Faced beauty package consisting of the eyeshadow palette, a diary, lipstick and mascara. And it's 50% off!!! How could I not, especially when there was only one box left with my name written all over it, lol. So from $89, it was slashed down to $44 plus with ALL of those products mentioned.

I did have my moment of hesitation but usually every bonus, I would go Sephora shopping for the more expensive items and I had not for this year. 

We wanted to go to Coffee Bean to just chill a little while but I guess coz it was raining, the place was crowded, so we went home instead as it was also getting late.

So here are the photos from that day!





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...