Skip to main content

Inspirational Story & Make Up Session

While I didn't have an awesome start of the week with me having to  pay off one of my credit card bills once and for all, after that, the week didn't go as bad. Of course, at work is a different story but that's just because my boss has something against me but we leave it at that.

Midweek, I got the chance to meet up with the very friendly Roseanne Tang, beauty blogger and lifestyle vlogger whom I've been following her blog ever since she was based in Australia and then moving to Singapore. 

She is so young at the age of 24 so technically, I'm like 10 years older than her but she is absolutely wise beyond her years. She has been working so hard on her make up portfolio after her stint in a London make up school and while the perks of being a beauty blogger is so much, she wanted more. She wants to own a business. And her very latest development in terms of business is getting her own office space in a quaint shophouse just outside the Outram Park MRT station. 

I would like up her video below on how she felt about having her own office instead of continuing to have it in her own house. She's really an inspiration and while just like any other people, goes through ups and down, being so tired from moving here and there, what still drives her is being able to lead a better life by following her own path to success. Like if you really want something, you will put in everything that you've got and be prepared to work hard. It's really easier said than done and it's not easy but the sweet rewards that you'll experience will be so awesome.

She's pretty open and answers my questions frankly to break the ice and while waiting for the other two girls to arrive. While of course, in my usual self, I was FREAKING NERVOUS, especially when meeting people for the first time, she treated me like a friend which took a lot of the nervousness away.

I was also feeling star struck that I was this up close to someone I've admired for her drive. The make up session eventually started like about 20 minutes later and she was a professional from start to finish and did her powerpoint presentation with such confidence. 

I hoped the make up lesson had lasted a little longer but this was a trial session so understandable. However, I would want to join her make up lesson in future. At $70, to me, it's really affordable compared to how much others are charging because of the time and effort. 

For my next lesson, I would want to learn how to do smokey eyes and the best thing about her is that, she doesn't just teach the techniques and application, but also the theory behind it so we understand a little more about make up.

So anyway as promised, this is the video link regarding her office tour and her intro on why she decided to have her own office for her make up school.

Click here to follow her on her blog.

I wish her all the best and thanks for being an inspiration for many young ladies out there :)






follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...