Skip to main content

Happy 1st August (For 2015) & Working with the Best Team

I've been so busy last month, it's so unbelievable! My life has never been so tortured with so many projects and tests within a month, lol. I still have one more project and two weeks later, a major exam. I actually haven't start yet with the project, and here I am typing away, haha. 

Last Thurday's project was a group work and I am so SO happy my team treats this so seriously, despite each one of us having family and work commitments. They were also so hardworking in doing research and I must say, they did a very good and thorough job. I didn't do so thorough as them as I am also managing my shop's order but I try my best to do whatever I can, such as waking up early to do some research, type out key phrases and sentences from the book, editing other member's works, getting together to finalize the report (until 11pm mind you, in school) and finally, understanding the notes for the presentation the following day.

Overall, I was happy with our project and while I did fumbled a bit on one part, I think overall, we did very well, which our lecturer ( who is super awesome) also commended and we were so ecstatic over it. Of course, each one of us would also be individually graded but I hope I don't get a C overall, knowing how badly I did for the test although he was kind enough to let all of us pass for the test as long as we wrote something. Now you tell me, which lecturer would be so kind until like that? Ultimately, they want us to pass as it's not easy juggling work and school but they would also want US to put in effort rather than taking it nonchalantly.

Anyway, here are some pictures from our very hardworking moments, lol! But we were serious about our work and you could see our cramped faces from one of the pictures. The best picture is of course,the one with our lecturer who, in his own words, couldn't be happier to take a photo with us. Awwww....

I hope, that if ever there is another group project for our next semester, I get to work with this super awesome team again. 

As for now, I will continue to work hard in all aspects of my life because only we are responsible for the success that we bring in our life. I came across this saying that we don't live once, we live every day but we die once. Aim to live each day to the best that we can and not just to focus on getting from point A to point B. Make time for improvements in our life, whether it's small or big, start saving for the future starting with any amount and accumulate from there, aim to do at least one kind act each day and also aim to spend more time with our friends and family no matter how busy we can get sometimes. 

Let us look forward to future endeavours that we will be proud of and if it's going to make a difference in our lives, have a leap of faith and just do what it takes and work hard towards any goal in life.












follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...