Skip to main content

National Day Celebrations 2014 - First & Last Time at the Marina Floating Bay

Slightly more than a month ago, we actually got the chance (for the first time in our life..yayness!) to watch the nations's birthday in all its glory right at the heart of it! To know that it would be the last time that they would have the performance there since next year onwards, they would hold it at the Sports Hub, we were truly blessed indeed. 

Of course, this being a national event, we had to go through a very thorough security check even before we could go the platform itself. I am glad that I didn't bring a lot of things but yeah, I think I would say that I'm pretty embarrassed about the things I bring, hehe.I also had to be 'scanned' by a female officer in case I bring in anything suspicious. 

After that, it was another walk to the floating platform but first, we collected the fun bag. It was crowded as expected but they were super efficient and they kept emphasizing that there is NO choosing of colours. I mean you're managing thousands of people and seriously, I would be embarrassed carrying such multi coloured bag in such bright colours, haha. So I don't care. Apparently the person infront of me cared about it holding the line as he sorta refused to move because he was trying to get the colour he wanted. 

While everything was organized, the hilarious moment came when we went to the designated area to go to our seat (finally!) but the signages sorta stopped halfway. It didn't point that we should be going up the stair case and instead it pointed right which, uhm, were the rows of mobile toilets. But oh well, we saw some confused people but then decided to follow a family which were obviously smarter than us clowns and lo and behold, many many stairs!

Once we reached our seats, we had to be ushered and yet again, no choosing of seats and basically had to fill up the front rows first all the way. The whole process deserved us to be digging right straight into the fun bag for some snacks, haha.

It was awesome when they displayed all the war machines and telling us some cool very interesting facts about them. Also, first time seeing seasoned army parachuters coming down from the sky and landing safely. Talk about the war machines, I think the coolest thing to know is that one of the drivers for the tank is a female! Yes, clearly the announcer made sure we heard 'SHE' to emphasize that it's a female driver in a male dominated industry. Wow, she must have had a very very impressive career in the army. Oh, one of the parachuters is also a female. Hah, who says we ain't tough.

Then while we can't see with our own eyes the important political leaders of Singapore but through the screen, we cheered for them when they came in. For some time already, they wore red and white ensemble, our national colours, instead of all white which is the colour of choice for the dominant political group.

Oh, and the show begins! We were treated to a kaleidoscope of colours, songs to sing-a-long too (terribly, but oh well..) and performances after performances. So...cool.....

The weather was so kind except it drizzled a bit  initially but they must have done something to stop the rain? I don't know. But it sure worked!

What a great way to end off the performances with what everybody had practically been waiting for.....FIREWORKS!!! 

Ultimately, we had fun. So now that we won the tickets using our mum's IC number, now we have to rely on our own numbers then. Oh fingers crossed for another of this spectacular even, but at the new Sports Hub.

Enjoy the pics below! (Please click for larger view)

 











follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...