Skip to main content

Turning a Year Older...& Making New Achievements

This year, I would say that it has been quite an achievement, most significantly, having to go back to school (like finally!) to pursue a diploma. In the horizon, if God permits, I hope to get myself a degree. I don't care if' it's going to take me 10 years from now but if it's going to promise a better future, I'm all for it.

I realize that if you want something, you have to tell yourself that you can and not can't. If it's something you can't control, then at least control what is within your elements. I know that one day, I can travel to Australia and I can also travel to London. It's just exercising your mental ability to push yourself to go further than what you think you can't and taking the right steps to make sure you get to where you want to get. 

It's not going to be an easy journey but we'll take it step by step, shall we?

So what do I hope to achieve as I grow one year older? Hrm, I'm still back at trying my ultimate best to save up for emergency and I know I can be like my good friend who is able to save at least 6 months of savings. I know I can overcome my physical tiredness and from a long day at work to work on my online shop orders. I am capable of even better things in the future and I know you can too!

Phewh..I hope that inspires you pretty much too. 

For this birthday, no pictures of said good friend because she's overseas right now in London as one of her cousins is getting married. I love her jetsetter lifestyle! I didn't feel comfortable having a birthday celebration with them not because I'm such a diva but because they're both in transition to a better job. But it's something that we have to do and for that, it's okay if they want to postpone to when she gets back from London. It's going to be a very short brekkie type of celebration but more importantly, it's more than just a celebration. It's our mini reunion and a break from our busy lifestyles.

Instead, I had the celebration with my own family and my aunt who insisted on taking us out for dinner at Swensons although I helped to pay most of it. I got two lovely presents; from my colleague and my aunt. One's a very nice red wallet and the other a sling white bag. Bags are such a ladies thing! Love them. 

No cake but if' you notice (apart from the filter I used..hehe) there's cupcake! It's all home-made red velvet cake complete with cheese frosting, baybeh! Yes, that twisty looking frosting was done by yours truly. Mad proud of my first attempt!

 Enjoy the pics below! (click for larger pictures)









follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...