Skip to main content

When Everything Seems to Go Against You

I know that around the world in recent times, there were things far more serious and devastating than my own life where I am just feeling rather down and out thinking why does everything seems to go against me. Like I have wished for certain things to happen and somehow they don't, although there's a reason for everything. Yes, really.

I don't want to turn this into a complete whiny post because just early this week, I received a very surprising gift, and I would love to share with you in my next few posts. Clue: Digital. I did not expect it at all especially when it's not even my birthday. But I would say that it is a very good jump start. 

I had a little prep talk with my friend who is also going through a rough patch and I'm glad she doesn't do the comparison like oh, your problem is not as big as mine, like how another friend used to do. I think everybody has unique problems and it's not a matter of whether theirs suck more or what. It's about how you cope and deal with them. Seriously, it's no point pushing the blame on others, blaming yourself but just simply deal with how to make the BEST of the situation. 

So what's a GIRL like me to do?




Eat ice cream!


Make that a soya milk ice cream because I'm still trying to lose weight. But of course, there are times I don't really care....but someone has to share it with me. 

Moving on..

Aah yes. Those times where life seems pretty sucky and the old me would probably just eat and eat.

*looks guiltily at the Kinder Bueno chocolate bar. I ate just two small parts and not two bars..haha. Upset still have to watch what I eat.

But if you're like me, struggling, there is one solution. Just move ahead. Pick up what is best from the situation and just MOVE AHEAD.

Not having the best situation, but seeing the best in your situation in the key to happiness. – @MarieForleo


Plus, sometimes I think some things don't seem to happen like how we want to is because we don't work hard for it. You want to  lose weight and you jolly well stick to a diet of healthy food rather than constantly be tempted and giving in to your temptation to sinful food. Then you complain you don't seem to lose weight and gaining weight instead. If you want to make money, you go all out giving your best service, offering the best products, market like crazy instead of wishing why you don't have any sales. You don't just look down on yourself because you're not as slim or pretty as the girl next to you in the gym. You just focus on yourself, making yourself happy, by taking good care of your health, body and physical appearance. They are God's gift to you =)


So I will leave you with this inspirational quote to help you get by and make the most of each single day. 

Meanwhile, I shall plan my day well (after cleaning my room) and hopefully, everything will get better by the end of the day.


 
 

Visit my online store http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...