Skip to main content

Like it or Not, I'm Me

I'm feeling so low right now. I don't know why but I have been feeling this way for the last few days. I am not smart and it doesn't take a genius, yes pun intended for me, to know that I probably can't talk my way out of difficult situations. But at times, life throws you a wrench where you feel like you just have to do something and that you have no choice about it but to just make some important decision. Reading people's facebook newsfeed, it came to my realization that I'm just not good enough a person. I don't mind not being pretty, but not smart enough? It's a survival skill to have some kind of knowledge so that you know how to move on in life. I sometimes feel like I am here by sheer coincidence like God has some extra material to play with and then I just happened to materialize or something.


Honestly, I don't feel like there is anything worthy of me. Maybe it's my upbringing where my parents were just too careful with me because for a good number of years, I was the only child. I was very sickly when I was young and I guess that's why they sheltered me because they didn't want to lose me. However because we were tight financially, both my parents were working with one working in the day and the other at night. I was left to fend for myself most of the time coz my mum was practically sleeping most of the time in the day. But at the same time, I wasn't given enough room to move about and did not really socialize much.


Up to this day, I admit that I don't have a wide social network. I believe I am capable of achieving that but I feel so fake whenever I have to talk to people as most of my growing up life, I spent it as a loner. Then again, due to the need to survive in the harsh working life, I found myself having to learn to fend for myself so that I don't sink deep into depression due to my inability to handle things thrown at me.


But if there is one or two consolations about me, is that I'm a very sincere person and that I am not quick to judge on people. I also do not lose my cool so easily and as much as I can, I try to be a good friend whether for their special occasions or their times of need. I guess that's why I often get invitations because somehow they know I will turn up, haha. I am the last person you can think of to diss others so easily. I would rather heap praises on others instead of picking on them especially if I know they are a good person and that they are not given enough credit for it.


Coz life is already short. In my opinion, it can be so easy to pass quick judgment on others and then in the end, it can be just a case of misunderstanding. I still admit that I'm not smart though I know that I am capable of achieving more, if only I put my head in it wholeheartedly. To me, some people can be so smart, their expectations get too high that other people who are not of the same wavelength as them, they are so quick to dismiss them. It's as if saying, oh I'm just too smart for you and that you're a complete waste of time for me.


It's just so negative. Everybody is rushing around, trying to score brownie points, that they would rather be fake than to be themselves so that they can get what they want. Honestly, that's not me. I may take time to get to where I want to be but I know I will never betray someone else and use them as my stepping stone to achieve what I want. It's just not me. 


While I admit I'm not smart and pretty, you can say I'm one of the last few good people of whom other people trust on for loyalty and friendship. My loyalty to my friends and family are unshakeable. I can assure them that many years down the road, I will still be there for them and not be selfish. I will not forsake them so easily for the sake of gaining my own personal achievements. 


Basically, I'm me.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...