Skip to main content

Words Can Hurt

Words can hurt. Before you roll your eyes to that statement, think again. Sometimes, you think that well, you know the person can take a joke and so wont be easily offended. Or they know you as someone who dont always mean what you say. Well, newsflash! That may be true but if it comes to a point where you perpetually say words that sound harsh or in an accusatory manner, a seasoned friendship can turn sour. Come on, everyone is vulnerable even if they show a tough exterior or reflects a 'heck care' attitude. At times, they are just being nice but for how long can one tolerate?

I always advocate this if u notice in my blog but seriously, it pays to think first before words roll out of ur tongue. A friendship lost isnt worth it, is it?

I've been in such a situation before. Many years ago, I was called an outcast which was meant as a joke when we had these imaginary clubs. Sure, no harm done but if it was used on you over and over again..by the same people, it kinda got me hard that I truly felt like an outcast. No thanks to the fact that I transfered to another class coz I didnt do too well in the previous year.

I was naive then but now I dont let words that hurt get to me easily. I would try the self defence way if I feel that it's a poor way of judging me. But hey if they refuse to budger or listen, I try not to get upset over it. No matter what, my heart's fragile...heh....but I recover pretty fast. At most I try to have lesser conversations with such pple because nobody deserves to feel inferior because of other people's actions.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...