Skip to main content

Poetic Dramas

Please do forgive me I get lost in my blog talking about my next favourite thing to doing nothing which is my love of soap dramas and indie films. It's just something that I like just like how some people love poetry and listening to romantic songs.

I would understand if some people cant relate to them because seriously, if you shove one verse of poetry to me, I may be clueless. Now I am going back to watching anime or animation. Normally, if someone says anime, they would associate it with a bucketful of laughter. But anime has a different twist to them depending on the genre. Currently I am watching a French anime which began like any anime...free and easy...with the children's happy faces playing along the river and then it became a bit darker as it progressed with the arrival of a new boy at the orphanage.

But anime itself is a fantasy that come to life on screen with its beautifully painted scenery and expressive characters. The eyes of a character that turned dewy may look like a simple expression but may symbolise a repressed emotion, deep longing, the start of a budding romance.or a lost love.

As the story progresses, you just want to know more and more. A Japanese anime may be divided into different parts or chapters with each chapter telling a different story. So as I watched two characters that blossomed infront of my eyes and who went through a rollercoaster of emotions and who seemed to have a promising ending, only to have that cut short with a tragic end. Seriously, how can I not wail at that?!

I must admit that not all that I watched, be it tv drama, soap drama, movie or anime, I am pretty hard to please. But when I discover a gem among the high number of sub par drama and movie plots, it's hard to ignore it. I simply like to rant and rave about them.and the best avenue is my blog...coz at least..it doesnt answer back?! haha...

But no, I dont let the high points of these dramas get to me because I know the real world is..well..real. I just cannot help to see how love can blossom so beautifully and then squeal in delight to see two people care deeply for each other whether in the name of love or friendship. It simply tugged at your heartstrings but then, the next moment, everything can turn sour.

So while people prefer to play out these dramatic moments by reading books, I would rather have them played before my eyes..haha. I grew up watching dramas and I wont be giving them up easily. But dont worry, I wont confuse reality with fantasy although do allow me to daydream once in awhile to escape the problems in my life, just for that brief moment.




post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...