Skip to main content

Lost and Found

Sigh, wanna know something?

I actually stayed VERY LATE yesterday night at work until 8.15pm. The longest I stayed was until 7.15pm. And the reason for staying late was because I had to check through as many thick files as I can to make sure all of the payment vouchers and invoices are signed before the auditors come in most likely on Monday. I was like...u gotta be kidding...16 files from 2007?!! My boss was like...we gotta finish checking the files by today and then coz of the frequent interruptions, I could only officially check them in the late evening. By the time it was 7 plus, I was frantically checking through them but I know that it was highly doubtful that I could finish them. I was SO not going to stay until 9pm! And I missed MAJIDE! This Americanised version of a popular Japanese game show. Sigh...that would be such a perfect end to a hellish working day.

And then some fella who promised that she would eventually clean her room and make it more neat and tidy finally lost something. It was definitely a wake up call as to how forgetful she can be at times. Im talking about my own self...duh...and this morning, I thought that I had lost my Public Service Card. I know that it was..well..somewhere in my room...but bearing the thought that I had to pay $50 to replace it and then possibly lodge a police report, I was so stressed out.

Good news is...I found it when I went back and immediately went into a frantic search even though I was feeling hot and tired. I was looking through the drawers and then the bags and as I was searching, I saw this big bag and it dawned on me that it could be inside and lo and behold, it was! I remembered that I chucked it there coz I needed to use the bag that it used to be in. Problem was...I forgot about it totally.

So now, lesson learnt. Number one. Clean room. Number two. Please put the card back together with its original lanyard and place it back in the drawer where it has always been!!! Never...ever..ever...delay!!


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...