Skip to main content

MR A-Z

Okay, so after this..I wouldn't bombard my blog with snippets from Brokeback Mountain. Actuallie after I wrote that last entry, I did a double take on the ending in my head. It just didnt seem right....I wouldnt think ang lee would have the conclusion like that..as to what really happened to Jack. The truth was...Jack didn't die in an accident. It was more horrific than that...which I didn't want to reveal..as much as I wouldn't want to believe it. Only thing was, Ennis's fear of what actuallie happened to Jack as he listened to Jack's wife giving details of the 'accident' was unfortunately, the truth in itself. The very thing that Ennis tried to protect them both from, which only led to Jack's frustrations and his eventual death, finally caught on one of them but Ennis wasn't involved this time. Only thing left were painful memories behind two bloodied shirts from their fight...and Ennis in tears over his lost love. Throughout the movie, we knew that both of them had loved each other over two decades but in the final scene, we also knew who was the one with the more genuine love towards the other.


Okay...so enough of it already. It's one heck of an epic...though I would still say the middle part right up to Jack's death, was dead boring. Except for their scenes together, the timeline of twenty years was maybe..a bit too farfetched.


Anyhow, i wanted to introduce to you a singer cum songwriter of whom I thought is extremely talented. Jason Mraz!!! Actuallie I did hear of his name everytime I heard any of his songs (though I didn't figure it was him till end of the songs) coz they're so darn catchy with his vocals so crystal clear. They're catchy..like in the sense..pretty much a sing along..at least in the chorus part. Other than that, this guy sings according to his own rhythm....and it doesn't help that he has a glib tongue. So he rolls over some words in his song..like they're some darn tongue twisters..but hey, I find it unique. His new album...has more musical influences than the previous album....which steered more towards the conventional catchy love songs.


However, conventional or not...there is definitely no 'cookie cut' acoustic versions of his songs heard on the radio. Every version is unique....as like I said, he sings each song to his own tune in his head while maintaining its originality. And he didn't even have to rehearse or warm up first! It's just okay..u want this song..and he'll play for you..no questions asked! Without hiccups..anytime of the day...even in the morning (where some people like me haven't got their voice yet)! Okaylah..he was in Singapore very recently..actuallie, on Friday he held a sold out performance. And also the day when I bought the album..hee...Hrm, very different from what I usually hear..like ahem..the Gorillaz although they're pretty similar. Like they don't have a definite category for you to put them in. And Jason's amazing yet easy going vocals...accompanied with his guitar.....give his songs some edgy twist. But if you think that most of his songs will sound like the ones that were given airplay, then you're wrong. Turns out, most of it...are songs which have well written and meaningful lyrics...but the music can be quite a bore. So, I'd say he's more of a songwriter than a composer....till he picks up his guitar and sings his head off...live and uncut. Now that will add on to his resume as a superb live performer.


Anyhow, I tot he'd look like James Blunt...or just some guy with a handsome masculine look like any typical male singers. But when I surfed down to his website....and saw his pictures...i tot wah, so young?!! He has a pretty skinny frame like a teenager who is still growing...and impossibly boyish looks give his impish looking face and clean cut hairstyle. Oh and you know...his website is also a creative outlet for him...and his bio..is not like your typical bio. He doesnt want his bio to be based on his past but on his present and future. So forget about him revealing his date of birth and where he was born..And me..who is hoping that I am not about to like a singer younger than me (haha..so selfish) was relieved...and at the same time...puzzled coz he was in 1977. What the heck? That puts him in his late twenties. He doesn't even look like he is past his teens! Oh well..I guess music gives him youth. Anyway, if you don't believe me...just go this website http://www.jasonmraz.com and listen to his music, watch his videos and stare in disbelief at his boyish looks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...