Skip to main content

Everyone has a Story to Tell

Let me tell you my story ..lol...


I know I wrote with so much enthusiasm in my last post about the drama that I recently started watching at that point of time. Now I am at the 33rd episode where the focus shifted back to 16 years later. I try to watch at least one episode per day or two if I have more time. In between train rides and boring talks, I would read the novel and I finished all of the more than 100 chapters. I actually liked how each character was fleshed out and had a story to tell. 

The main protagonist, also the son of a servant, was brought up by his parents' old friend, who was also a sect leader of a well known clan. Though he was a mischievous teenager, he had a strong sense of justice and kept his promise to protecting the weak. At one crucial point, he had to leave behind his step siblings whom he loved dearly, and declared to be not of the sect anymore, as he wanted to protect the Wen clan remnants not involved in the bloody murders of his adopted parents and his clan's annihilation. To him, if not for their help, they would be victims as well. To have everyone against you, and to actually have the only unconventional route, which in this case was the cultivation of demonic path, so that he would keep his promise of protecting them. Even when he was hit hard with loneliness, missing home and his family, but if he had to walk the plank alone, he would do so.

Fortunately, even in his darkest moments, the only people who didn't turn against him was his adopted elder sister and his loyal friend whom he had a rocky relationship initially and unfortunately, his elder sister died trying to protect him from being killed. 

His was not the only character with a story to tell. Almost each character was fleshed out, even the villains and the smaller characters. From the backstory, to the strengths and weaknesses, untold secrets and hidden past. Pretty much like each one of us.

Of course this was just a fiction so the stories told were exaggerated and although some of us can be a little 'drama' in real life too. Anyway, from the drama, it also mentioned about how life is so unpredictable. The one you grew up with since childhood, may turn out to be your enemy later in life. And the one who could not stand you at first, would be the only loyal one.

Also in life, there is no true black and white or right and wrong. So you have to ask yourself what is truly in your heart. It's really easy for people to pass judgements. It's also easy for them to believe what other people say instead of giving you the benefit of doubt. Sometimes I am appalled by the the things people say like as though they are perfect human beings themselves and they know what's up. Do you know that person well enough? Do you know their families well? Are you even friends with him or her in the first place to qualify in passing such ridiculous judgements?

Just like this protagonist, when he was reborn 16 years later, it came to a point that he wouldn't care who was the responsible person that had been causing the mayhem. And that even years after he passed, people still associated anything bad that happened in their areas, to be linked to him. They only needed a target while they regard highly of themselves. Even when he lost the loved ones that believed in him, he still had that one loyal friend who trusted him and that was good enough for him to not feel lonely anymore.

In our lives, it could be our family members, our good friends or if we're married, our spouse...who is there for us through thick and thin. They are the beam of light in our otherwise dark period. Everyone has a story to tell but which story would you stay to listen to until the end?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...