Skip to main content

My Predicament in Dealing with People Lacking in Integrity

This week, I have been peeved with people with a lack of integrity or basically taking things for granted, as though I have so much free time for them to anyhow just go MIA on me when we were supposed to meet to collect the things I had made for them. I also have to deal with a girl who, up to this point where I am writing this post, has not made any payment to me and keep claiming she forgot to pay. It's clear that she had received the good and she herself said so but I am predicting she has no intention of paying at all.

I don't wish to chase anymore and yes, it is yet another loss for me. My friend did say business is business. But I'm going to get the same answer again from her so I just leave it as that and just move on. I only hope that she will bear the guilt of taking something without paying and in an unfortunate event due to karma, she will also lose some money. Yes I know I sound like I'm cursing her but I'm not. Some people need to learn hard lessons so that they won't repeat the bad thing that they have done. 

I want to lead an honest online business and even if the way I deal with customers is rather risky, such as for this instance, I still don't feel good in taking money first before making the product. Maybe in future when I start to charge more, then it is a possibility that I will take at least 50% deposit. But for now, this is how I deal.

It's precisely because of having to deal with such customers that sometimes I feel as though I don't wish to go on running an online business. It can also get overwhelming when I have slightly higher number of orders but now I try to be upfront by telling them if I am not able to complete by the next few days. But overall, I enjoy the process and how in times of need, the extra bit of cash I receive can help tide me over until I get my pay. I also have things to pay and a saving plan for the future and the money can come in handy. 

Until then, I also get inspired by other female entrepreneurs who have to deal with external customers and they're not easy to deal with as well. Yet they continue to hustle and push through the hurdles. On the surface, it may look as though they're having so much fun but behind the scenes, you have no idea the amount of hard work and the number of hours they clock in order to get to where they are. They are also not looking as though they will slow down any time. 

I must remember that there are many other honest people as well who will pay you where it's due and while I don't request for feedback from them in return, I am happy to serve one happy customer after another. Despite the initial gloom I experience with my customers, I did a little prayer to God about my predicament and after that, at least one meeting was successfully completed that same evening. This was after a few months of her going MIA on me and holding on to her goods since May. I managed to get $30 and I thank God for it. Perhaps on the way to work tomorrow, I will also say a little prayer again that I will be paid by that girl. Whether or not she will, it doesn't matter anymore because like I said, she's answerable for it as not paying for something you receive, is akin to stealing.  

I shall stop my rant here. I hope that girl gets her life together and not resort to doing unkind things to people because it will only fall back on her.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...