Skip to main content

A Day at Macritchie Reservoir & ALIVE Museum

This is a looooong overdue post and I'm so freaking lazy to update it because there were so many photos taken and editing would be a b*tch. The thing is, I don't really fancy taking a lot of pictures and one of the top reason is because of that, lol! But I wasn't the one taking these photos. It's just my boss was so trigger happy that day :s and me and my other colleague literally had no chance to run away and if we ever did, we would be called back. The things we do.

It was Youth Day and unlike other youths who were having a whale of a time not being in school, this year we had our EAS day and the other schools in the same cluster would go for a learning journey. First up, we would take a walk at Macritichie Reservoir (Seriously don't know how to spell that)  and I had a really pleasant walk on this boardwalk. Seriously, the place had changed so much that I actually wouldn't mind visiting it. Coz the last time I went there, it was nothing but traumatic because I had to run the cross country and OMGEEE, I never suffered so much in life! At least physically.

Anyway, at first it was just mainly phototaking with the group members whom I don't know a single one of them. But yah, we talked a bit. But then it was just me and my music walking on the boardwalk followed by the nature trail. 

We ended much earlier than expected but had to wait awhile for the lunch to arrive. So we sat down in the shelter and I talked with my colleague and another colleague from another school, talking about the elections and how she would be doing her duty for the first time. At that point of time, we didn't know when the elections would be around but it was definitely coming. Update, it is over and I was again involved, and would spare that for another post. Gosh, so much to write, lol!

It was a very relaxing walk in the nature, and of course, I was a wee bit scared because I didn't want any snakes or monkeys to pop up from nowhere. It was by no means, a straight terrain, with its natural bumps and ridges, it really was quite a work out. Yes, I do want to come back again.

After being under the blistering sun, we took a bus ride to Suntec City and proceeded to the Alive Museum. I came out barely alive, thanks to the shutterbug aka my boss :s I would say that it was fun taking those photos and my body had to contort to different positions and for the life of me, I cannot be in character. 

How can I still be smiley when I'm about to be eaten by a crocodile? Hrm?!

It got pretty boring half way but seeing my other colleague who was so much older than me having fun and being in character (unlike me...) and so sporting, I just had to keep up with her spirits.

After that, we chilled out at Coffee Bean nearby and I treated her coz I had extra moolah that month since it was also THE bonus month. It was just a pat on the back that we were finally FREEEE from the clutches of our boss.

This would be a photo heavy post but enjoy the pictures below!











follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...