Skip to main content

So Fast..Quarter of the Year Has Gone

Wow...just like that, 1st quarter of the year has already gone. But it's okay. I did want March to come fast though because of all the extra moolah we will get. So now I am entering April with some stashed away..hopefully. 

I tried not to be calculative but sometimes I can't help it. I guess it's part of my natural self because I am a sole breadwinner who does not earn much and I have three mouths, including myself to feed. So I have to be on track with how much money I have left. However, this can be a bad habit. Knowing how much is left is one thing. Being obssessive over it is another thing and today onwards, I will not be in such state of mind anymore.

At least I hope so.

 Anyhoo, I don't think I have spent the money carelessly. Of course, the maintenance allowance is used on the family first meaning, buy food for them, groceries for my mum's cooking for the next 1 week, and not forgetting myself too, part of my performance bonus was spent on entertainment such as our yearly karaoke session :) and makan session at Breeks. Oh, we also celebrated one of my friend's birthday too and we bought her a gift so the money was also used for the gift.

Overall, while at one point when I woke up in the middle of the night, freaking out how much has been spent, come to think of it, I didn't feel like I 'gamble' the money away. They were put to good use. Plus, I managed to stash some of it away for my studies and for savings.

So there isn't a need to panic I guess. I didn't spend on clothes as I still have many clothing pieces which I bought quite a lot last December. I did spend on make up buying a lipstick and an eyeshadow cream and make up tools like the Real techniques brushes which I used my salary for that.

Ha..enough justification. In other words, I shouldn't be so obssessed because there are still other things that I have yet to pay. I believe money will come in and I hope to leverage on my online shop because so far there isn't much success yet. However, I did post up an ad in facebook which got some attention and I also hope that it will translate to more business. I don't want to do it for the sake of money but to just share with others my love of making handmade stuffs especially cards. If continuing this love of mine will give me a big break soon, then I am happy but for now, I keep doing what I love :)

I believe I should focus my life on things that do not make me worry and deplete my brain cells for nothing. I should focus on achieving much success in life which does not necessarily translate into money. Success in taking care of my health, wealth, family, work and friends. I shouldn't be too harsh on myself. I should practise being more kind to myself because I already know that I am trying my best.

So here's some food for thought to begin April with.




Visit my online store http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...