Skip to main content

Physical Attraction vs Charming Personality

I pondered over this issue recently this week if I am willing to bypass physical unattractiveness, according to me, versus the charming and sweet personality. What stirred this kind of thoughts? Well, read on to find out. LOL, like some shameless promotion.

Anyway, the story started like this. Last week, I helped a colleague from the secondary school who came down with her Admin Manager or AM to key in the budget because this was her first time. I did once before and my boss nowadays always assume that I know everything or if I don't know, I can find out easily. Hrmph. So yah, before they came down I studied the workbook from the course I attended previously because I don't think I want to teach them the wrong things.

I helped the AM retrieve some files for him to study while waiting for my colleague to key to study some things because he was pretty new. Then, after that he tried to make small talk with me asking if I ever go up to the secondary school to try their cafeteria food. I said I tried the canteen food and I didn't like the mee siam and I guess I said with such distaste because seriously, it ain't nice especially since it gave me a tummy ache the next day :/ I didn't say that but he was like saying I should give it another chance and try their other dishes because they're better. I said well, I don't want to buy their food ever again. Yes, I can be stubborn at time. Tummy ache, mind you. Painful affair.

He didn't want to sit down and he was pretty helpful even though it wasn't his office by attending to walk in people. But I had to step in because it wasn't nice plus he probably won't know anything.

So LONG STORY short, just early this week, I saw a packet of lontong which is a type of Malay dish with rice cakes and rich gravy made from coconut milk. If you read my posts before, I don't eat food that contains coconut milk or cream. Simply for health reasons. Not because I dislike the taste because food with coconut milk are rich and oh so sinful.

Argh, I'm making the story longer, aren't I? I thought it was from one of the teachers because occasionally they buy food for us. That was until the receptionist said the secondary school AM came down to see me to pass the food but she told him I am not in yet. Then I asked if he bought it for everyone but then she dropped the bombshell saying that no, he got it for me only.

Dang.

That was awkward.

The more awkward moment was when I heard from my own AM that he was coming down because their side was still short of two booklets. Oh no.....So he came down, and my AM asked him to go to me to get the booklets and *gulp* I had to act busy but my heart was beating fast. Then as he was signing he asked me how was the food and I said oh, I was going to eat it for lunch. He said later it would be cold. Anyway I thanked him for the food. 

The truth is, I gave it away, heh...

Then last Friday when I came up to their office to send an envelope for courier and some food from my AM for CNY, he was there and he was so elated saying that I was welcomed there and I can sit at one of their empty tables. After that I went to that same colleague to help her with something else, which according to him, I came at the right time. Why do these two AMs think I am that capable? 

Okay, I don't know if he's single or married though I think he has this married look..haha .I don't know if there's such a thing. But seriously, to me he's not physically attractive in my books but it got me thinking in general. Is that how other people see their true love as beyond physical attraction but for what he or she truly is inside? Is that also how I see some good looking and slim guys holding hands with a girl who is twice his size and not as hot looking but you can just feel the  love between them?

The mysteries of love.

Are you willing to get past other people's stares or even sniggers because only you know that this is your soul mate?

I'm thinking too much, am I?

The point is, I am thankful even if I didn't get to eat the food and it was just his way of saying thank you for helping so I just leave it as that. Also possibly he was trying to change my mindset about their canteen food, haha. I will only start to worry if it happens again and without me helping them again with something. I still don't want to know if he's single or married because it doesn't concern me as I'm not attracted to him in that way even though I thought it was nice of him to remember. I am also not interested in pursuing a relationship so we shall just leave it as that.

So how about you all? Do you read too much in people's actions that it got you thinking and writing a whole blog post? haha...

Oh well. Let's not get carried away with our thoughts, shall we? Okay, I shall update if there's anything 'fishy' that really point to him liking me. I hope not though.



 

I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...