Skip to main content

My First Promotion Ceremony 2012

Last Friday,  I had my very first promotion ceremony. After 9 years of working in the public service, my contributions have been recognized :) My promotion is from my second job which is also in the public service line and I had no idea that I will be promoted because I feel that I'm just not one of those officers that offer a lot of ideas and make many useful contributions. However I do believe in working hard, believing in the job that I do and just simply do my best. Yes there are times I feel like eurgh..I'd rather do something else but it's best to brush that aside and give your full on concentration on the job that you are doing.

After struggling for many years and with my ultimate struggle last year with of course led me to this credit card debt which I really hope to eliminate by year end, my pay has finally been increased. As of next month, there is a slight increase again. But I will have to make use of the increase to slowly clear my debt and hopefully start to enjoy saving up again after not doing so for the last one and a half year.

This is not the end of the road. I hope to move on quickly to my next promotion which means working harder than I am right now to produce results and make great contributions to my ministry.

Cheers and enjoy the pics!

There were a total of 288 recipients

All the promotion certs ready to be given away

Mr Hawazi Senior Parliamentary Secretary giving a speech

That's not me but it was so nerve wrecking waiting for my turn!
 
I wanted to stand near it but I too shy la..hee

Got my promo cert already!



I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...