Skip to main content

Hoping the Dark Clouds WIll Go Away

I've got a lawyer's letter telling me that I've got this much to pay and...worst of all, my mum found out coz the letter was sent to my home.


I had never experienced such severe hardship last year and I had never got myself into such a huge mess. So much so I had to ask for financial assistance. I recently asked again and I'm hoping that they will approve my application.


My mum was of course angry with me at first for keeping things quiet about this but I told her I've got no choice. I was so hard up last year. I would totally understand her confusion and anger. I promise her that I will pay and come clean about this matter.


Just last week, my savings account was deducted of $270 by another bank to settle yet another outstanding amount. Though I was totally heartbroken, I guess it was for the best because it is really no point owing so much.


With this new pay raise, I will learn to be more frugal and concentrate on paying all my credit card bills. Don't want to owe anymore. I hope that when I call them, they allow me to make suitable payment arrangements rather than paying all at one go. I will just die if i have to do that.


But with every thing that happen, there is a learning  point. Recently an ex principal who took part in vices owned up to his mistakes, was really sorry to his wife and family and went to jail paying for his mistakes. Though his future is uncertain, at the very least he learnt his lesson. I wish all the best and all the happiness.


Meanwhile, I want to attain my own happiness. I learn that being frugal (or cheap) isn't something I should be ashamed of. Money isn't the only answer to happiness. Being debt free allows me to be happier even if I have to cut down my shopping expenses or household expenses.  I want to be able to save for rainy days.


I hope to get over these dark days soon and finally enjoy the fruits of my labour with new salary. I don't want to cause any trouble to my family. I'm really sorry for the things I've done and for causing unnecessary worry for my mum :(








I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...