Skip to main content

Weekend Project & A Shot at Happiness

I like my new hobby..okay more like a revamped hobby..though last week, I didn't get down to making a decent card except for a small tiny one. But I discovered another new thing instead, personalised notebooks. I got this idea from a website that sells handmade products such as this and they are beautifully designed and I loved them.

Actually I tried to do a step by step thing..not a tutorial coz it was my first attempt too...and my phone battery died half way. I only managed to get these shots. But through out, I shall write some captions.

Okay I don't have that much of moolah to start off with though I managed to get some knick knacks along the way that don't add up much and yet when done creatively, added some DIY dimensions to my craft project.

Started with a cheap notebook. Placed doubled sided tapes all over it.

Using a pretty recycled gift wrap with a paper base.

I used a patterned paper and cut little scallops with a patterned scissors..or whatever you call it.

Drew out this panel using another patterned paper for the name stickers.

Added some embelishments like a bow,  stickers and cut out designs from a scrapbook paper.

I made this fabric flower myself using scrap fabric.

I bought this cheap letter stickers and noticed the purple rose? I made myself too using recycled ribbon.

The whole project done! Oh, lace details is from Daiso & stickers I bought from years ago.
How awesome is that? =) First project, yo! 

Sometimes you can't write down creativity but you can get the basic layout down and then add on. This is my style anway, ha! I would say..the go with the flow style.


While I love pretty card designs and learn a lot from them in terms of style, I always felt that at some parts, they're kinda boring and generic despite the handmade theme. Okay why is this so? Basically coz I think that many people are just copying other people's designs and to me, the best designs usually come from the heart. They don't always have to be perfect because these little imperfections make them more personal and more special.


Well many of us start of copying the style of someone else so it's no big deal but along the way, you will learn to adapt it to your very own style.


And yes who says you need to get those expensive materials. On a small budget you can think out of the box and get only the essentials to jazz up your designs including using the things that you already have. Money saving.


Later on I will be making a card for the said colleague's birthday. Gonna try to clock it in about half an hour because I need me some beauty sleep, haha. 


Moving on, I've been quite on a down low this month in terms of blogging. I seriously have a writers' block. I hope things will get going for me in terms of my own life. I believe that happiness lies in my own hand. How you want to lead your life depends on you. Sometimes you need a bit of push or motivation in life to get going and despite the many setbacks that you may experience, take it as a learning experience towards your goal.


I still aspire to lose weight and today I have started to eat healthier snacks in replacement of sugary treats. If I don't want to put up with the blubbers on my body, I ought to do something about it. I'm giving myself up to my next age of 31 to see some results. I don't want to be this size anymore in my thirties especially when at this age group, your body's metabolism slows down a bit unlike when you are in your twenties. I would still wanna be hot when I enter my forties, haha. Long way still to go.


So what keeps you motivated?




follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...