Skip to main content

Card Making is My New Hobby

Yes people, finally I found something that I enjoy doing! Okay I have always enjoyed making cards but then you know laziness takes over my poor brain and body that I simply hate doing anything except having my face infront of the laptop or lying down. Anyway, I have embarked on this new project after years of putting it off although there were times that I actually did make an effort (when I was too poor to get a decent looking present) to produce DIY cards that comes from the heart.  So it is totally not a lost effort.


However, I have tried different methods of making cards that have enhanced my creativity and also add some dimension to my artwork...more like using embellishments similar to that of scrapbooking. Honestly it is hard for me to find decent embellishments that do not burn a hole in my pocket. My gosh, they're so pricey! But I think it is still possible to make nice looking cards or a scrapbook layout if you can buy selectively on a tight budget and also to make some of the embellishments yourself. Seriously the you tube is like a treasure trove...and I realize that they're not just useful for me to watch soap dramas and make up videos..heh heh.


So these were the materials that I got once I got my pay slightly more than a week ago...




I got them all for less than $20 actually...a mixture of Daiso and one scrapbooking shop in Plaza Singapura.


Made with Love


There are so many things there, I always find it a hassle to look for the things that I want to find but then you can always ask them which I actually did. I'm a very chop chop..let's go kind of person. There was one woman who bought so many scrapbooking papers that after 5 or 6 people had paid and gone away with their purchases, she was still there with one of the cashiers attending to her. Wow.

So! Wanna see my cards? :D

Just a brief story on them. I made them and give away to friends. I think the idea of making cards for Valentine's Day just spurred me to make them. The first card  I made, I spent a little over an hour and it was quite messy as I had to use a stamping method which is a new method for me and I had ink all over my hand :( I was also in a hurry and hence the messiness. Sigh. Oh well, there's always a first time.


Click for a larger view

I have improved on my stamping! I stamped the flower..I can't draw for nuts.

A second attempt. For the first attempt, I spill glitter glue on the card :(

A card that includes sewing embellishments...I could sew buttons and a decent ribbon.


I made these hastily before meeting them..my card adventures started soon after.
This week, I will embark on another card project for an upcoming birthday. I thought I will try my hand at making a living out of it. Ok not really. Just make a couple of moolah. We just see.

Pretty? :D

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...