Skip to main content

Tragic Accidents Shouldn't Have Happened

To lose your loved ones is one of the worst predicaments that one should face or the worst even because it is really not a situation you want to be in as it's not something you can get it over easily. Though death is inevitable and that you  just have to learn to accept that it can happen to anyone everyone, I just think it should not have happened sooner and that suddenly, he or she leaves you for eternity.


While others were busy ushering in the New Year, recent tragic accidents in Malaysia where a double decker bus overturned and a boat capsized killing many people on board, remind us that life is precious and in the midst of taking a break from our busy lifestyles, unexpected things may happen.


It's sad how we actually put our lives on the line if the tour agencies are mainly interested in making as much profits as they can during the year end holidays when many tourists will visit for a break. Our safety is then compromised when they tried to squeeze as many people as they can on board. While I'm not condemning Malaysia after these two incidents, the fact that I have been there and been scared of my life traveling long distance on their rather dark highways and narrow winding roads, I much rather not visit the country often despite their things being cheaper after currency exchange. I've mentioned before in my previous post that it will do them good with less political drama and more into building their nation in terms of their country's infrastructure which include the roads as well. With acres and acres of land used to grow plantations such as palm trees and rubber trees, I don't think they have to worry much about making money because they have the raw materials that can bring in the dough.. I would say they should do something about the road conditions such as building more lamp posts and have traffic lights that actually work.


I don't think the majority of their people really care if their politician is closeted or not with the accusations and this on going battle to clear his name. They are more interested in what the governments can do to help them in their social welfare. It's the same for any other countries including US where the people are more concerned about the government doing things that will help them such as providing more health care benefits and to provide more housing so that the homeless have a roof over their heads rather than just sleeping on the streets.


It's not easy to care for the nation, I know, especially if it is a big one where you can't expect that everyone will stand to benefit. But at least you have to start somewhere, you know. I'm sure many unfortunate accidents can be reduced if they can do something about road safety and also to impose regulations on the tourism business. They don't want to drive tourists away, do they?


As for now, my heart goes out the families who have lost their family members in these tragic accidents. Stay strong and united. The pain of losing them will always be there but the pain will subside as you know they are in good hands.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...