Skip to main content

No More No More

I have exceeded my shopping limit although my mum wanted the sandals that I just bought recently and I really liked and she refused to share, so uhm...it's pretty inconclusive at the moment. I might just a replacement pair *sigh*...It's $20 btw. Not much considering a pair like this, in other reputable shoe shops selling at least $29.95 or more for a pair. It's a Birkenstock knock-off so who cares as long as it's comfy and from Cotton On :P. While I didn't think I would go crazy at the Mango sales..I almost did. I end up with purchases totalling almost $60. In two different Mango outlets :S but of course, luckily not $60 in each shop..heh.
 
But I tried to be a good girl and stuffed $30 of unspent leftover money into the savings pouch plus some loose coins..so less guilt..hee.
 
Anyway my nightmares with bills are not over yet. I have to pay the annual tv license fees and property tax. Plus I still have unpaid loan so have to be wise in spending. At the end of the year, I also have to spare some cash for the buffet dinner with my friends. Not much. $33 only..but money is money..haha..Oh, not forgetting my brother's fees which is high on the urgent list of 'MUST PAY'. Not coz they're bugging me but because I need to clear them or they won't allow him to take his O level examinations next year.
 
There are times when I wish I don't have dependents. I wish I was more like some people who just go into a shop, buy what she wants, irregardless of the price (and ESPECIALLY when the item is on sales), and then move on. Lucky socks. Just like yesterday, when I thought I saw a nice looking bag from the Mango sales, the only one left, and then she totally proceeded to buy the damn thing while I was still contemplating long and hard. *sigh* But I figured I shouldn't be so greedy because I just got a new bag though what I dislike about the bag is the opening which is quite small for my big hands..haha..But if I need another bag that can fit my hand, I got other bags that enable me to do that. Anyway, this theory about us having not enough bags is quite true also.
 
I also need to clear some clothes in my wardrobe. Seriously need to. I guess it's totally no point for me to keep some of them and I don't know why I'm keeping them. But then again, if I throw then it will be so wasted. And you wonder why us ladies horde a lot of clothes. Some of us keep them coz well, it's a bad buy but it's worse off when we throw them away..haha. Then there are delusional moments when we think that once we lose 10kg, we will be able to wear them and everyone is happy. Not so fast. I meant..hold the thought..not the weight loss..haha. You will lose weight, if you actually bother to make the efforts (think energy in must always be less than energy out) but seriously, by that time you lose the 10kg, you will want to wear other clothes instead like seriously go on a shopping rampage to show off your new figure. You won't need these clothes that you have bought just for this occasion. Then if you are like me who does the complete opposite which means that I keep the clothes that I wore many years ago when I was still on the heavier side so that if one fine day, my weight goes back up again, I got something to wear. Seriously, do I want to wait for such occasions? Hrm..
 
I know I know you are going to scream at me after all my ramblings regarding wanting to save up. I applied for another credit card *cue covering face*. The card that I have is a POSB multi-tude card which is actually my main ATM card but with enhancement. That means I have $500 credit limit. So far I have used it online to pay bills and I paid my first bill though I got charged an additional $20 coz the giro didn't go through as there was no money in my bank..heh. But I have been a good girl  and paid the amount owed. I have another bill to settle but it's for next month only. This will be taken from my salary. The payment for utilities bill and the other for mobile phone will go towards the card. It's still early for me to work out the budget lest I have unnecessary headache so I just leave it as that first.
 
But because of the limitations in terms of the terminals that can be used for this card, I have so far not been able to use it. I tried to use the credit function of the card before to make payment outside but they ended up using the debit function which means they used my actual bank balance instead which frankly speaking, at that time wasn't that much..haha.
 
So this new credit card, with the $500 credit limit, once approved, I can actually use it at shops without worrying if they have the terminals that can be used for my card. Plus I find it a hassle to inform them to use the DBS credit and not the DBS debit and then end up, they use the DBS debit coz of the confusion *yawn* .
 
Then, with this card, comes responsibilities..haha. I will set limitations and since this card will not be used for bills, I will probably use a lot lesser. Starting, I guess I will set 50 to 60 dollars since I guess I can afford to pay this much using my salary.
 
 Update: I actually typed this post yesterday. I managed to revamp my wardrobe by arranging the clothes in order and taking out those that I don't wear anymore. Looks neater now and I can squeeze in new clothes. Oh, and I contributed another $10 into my savings pouch. .

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...