Skip to main content

A bit of Accessorizing

Im trying to keep up with beauty and style though it's working to me in small doses. I've been trying  my darnest best to put on night moisturizer every night so that I will wake up with brighter looking skin and well..overall better looking skin as well. And I'm proud to say that it has been working well for me *winks* If only I don't have the stupid scars from my previous breakout, chet. What a party pooper.


Style wise? Well does wearing earrings count? Okay I haven't officially worn the new earrings yet which I bought for less than $10 from Forever 21. Yes I know it's not pay day yet so we'll just call it..uhm..pre pay day purchases..heh. But I have to pay myself back though :S


Moving on..


I luv my new earrings! Luv it coz it's only $5 and I thought that it looks nice on me. But coz it's black and my hair is black, I guess you have to see it really closely to spot them..haha.


Take a look!




Don't I look younger or what? heh...


I'm going to start photoshopping my nose coz it looks big although my mum has been telling me that for years.


And I bought an el cheapo eyeliner coz I've been dying to have one for the longest time and hearing it being mentioned and used  many times in the make up tutorials, I just gotta have one! just gotta!!!


Well, at first I didn't really like it coz I thought it will be like the felt tip pen kind but that was way beyond my budget and I wanted something simple to tide me over my difficult financial period. Who says you can't be stylish when you're a bit tight on the pockets, eh?


A little bit of clever use with other eye make up can make me eyes look pretty too...not a prob.


For the above pic, I didn't use any eye make up but just the eyeliner itself and I thought my eyes looked decent enough. Captivating, no? But takes time to practice I guess coz they look like kindergarten piece of work upon close inspection..hrm.


So how now? Can I look like Beyonce already?




Where did I get those apple cheeks?


Looooong way to go.


But I did come a long way since this day though..

around 22 to 23 yrs old..but easily mistaken as 32..ha!


So I shall not complain. My mum said last Sunday as I aged or getting older, I seemed to be getting younger looks wise. I fdon't know if that is true lah though many instances people thought I was still in my early twenties. Thankies for the compliments. You don't have to stop stroking my ego..haha...

But I know all this will only be short lived if I stop taking good care of myself. I still think I looked a bit old on most days so it's a very tiring and ongoing process in my quest to make myself better looking on the physical side. it's still no excuse that I still need to also continue to  be kind, helpful and caring towards the people around me especially towards my family and friends. They are the core foundation in my life as without them, I can easily tumble while living in this stressful world.


So for those girls who are already working hard to dress up, look good and feel good, continue to do that. I will strive...*breathes*....to be better as well..haha..and will update in this blog.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...